Passenger Wiper Arm

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
Iovofcwa

Passenger Wiper Arm

Post by Iovofcwa »

Anyone got one to sell, or a part number for the passenger wiper arm. Mines not grabbing anymore. Thanks.
2011 Caprice 9C1 Phantom Metallic Black
Sanford

Re: Passenger Wiper Arm

Post by Sanford »

The arms just go on a serrated taper and that style attachment are known to get loose and quit working. Have you tried to tighten the attachment nut?

David
Iovofcwa

Post by Iovofcwa »

Yes I've tried tightening it. It appears to have teeth on the actuator, but the arm doesn't as if it's supposed to for grip.
Iovofcwa

Post by Iovofcwa »

Maybe I can just tap it and put a set screw.
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I don't think there are any splines/serrations on the wiper arm. If it has been run loose before, it may have chewed out some the material off of the arm and the nut bottoms out on the wiper arm shaft before it pushes the arm down on the splined shaft. I would add a flat washer between the arm and the nut, if the arm is worn, to prevent the nut from bottoming out, if that is the problem. I don't think a set screw will do you any good.

David
Iovofcwa

Post by Iovofcwa »

For sure. Thank you brother.