Looking for B-Pillar covers, center sections....

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
phastlt1

Looking for B-Pillar covers, center sections....

Post by phastlt1 »

I'm looking to delete the prisoner partition mounts on my b-pillars. The part number on the plastic covers is 740603568. Both left and right have the same part number. You can tell they were modified either at the factory or Kerr when the car came off the boat.

What I'm looking for is a pair which have no holes, so I can delete the partition mounting bungs and have a cleaner interior look. When I do an internet search, all I come up with on the part number is a Holden LS1 engine cover.

I have yet to go to a dealership, as I try and avoid them at all costs, usually because of costs, lol...Any leads on a pair of these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Looking for B-Pillar covers, center sections....

Post by smwalker »

Take a look at this diagram. Is it #9 you need? They show a different part number for each side.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly ... bly=378096" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it is I think caprices share that part with G8's So maybe a scrapyard find is possible.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
phastlt1

Post by phastlt1 »

Yep, number nine...yet again, you come thru....thanks. I couldn't find that diagram anywhere. I was thinking it was a G8 shared part also....gonna try and find me a pair...
lictor4

Post by lictor4 »

I've got a pair from a G8
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I went the new route with our car. I figured I'd get new while I could, parts that hadn't suffered years of kicking and pulling, and saved frustrating trips to the JY in search of the unicorn that is the Caprice. The price was right, too.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?