New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 am 

Sm, any final wisdom or tips? I'm almost about to button all my panels back up and call it a loss. There's still a wire in the trunk on the passenger side running into the cab, and nothing back there seems disconnected. But you would think at least the front OR rear would work.

I just can't help but think all those cut wires have to do with something. Especially those grey ones (one cut off by the headlamp and one still leading to something, the ones in the Kerr wire shield). I still haven't bought the 12v switch and plan on doing that, and I'll keep trying to get the 12v from one of the many plug sockets down there rather than tap a wire.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:27 am 

no, cant find my module I packed away. I was suspecting maybe you got a bad module or maybe the wrong application? Take another run at it tonight in some more boxes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:12 am 

Thanks I will perhaps try to contact the seller, and I appreciate you trying for me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:31 am 

Found mine and tried in on my 14 to see if there was any difference and it worked fine so I would say you got a good module. Last thing I would do is follow that green/red stripe wire all the way to it's connector up behind the glove compartment and try applying 12 volts there to make sure the wire was not cut in the harness along the way.

Did you confirm your upfitter harness was plugged in behind the glove box?

Cant quite tell from the pics you posted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:07 am 

The Kerr harness is a crap ton of wires all zip tied around the connector with a small few (the ones for grille siren, siren, flashers etc) making their way out to be wired. Harness is the one with the cut orange wire in the blurry picture. I can definitely tap some of those wires to see if they have voltage or not. It seems I don't have enough time or energy to work on this issue lol, I put it on the back burner. 3rd shift sucks. Hopefully I will find out soon though, before colder weather and she gets garaged :( :(