flasher module

This section is for discussion of OEM police package options and police equipment for the Caprice (both OEM and after-market), as well as after-market upfitting perfomed on our cars.
AACoPD05

Re: flasher module

Post by AACoPD05 »

Popped the hood and took a look under there but I didnt really see anything that looked like a flasher module. I turned the wig wags on but I couldn't hear the usual clicking of the flasher that I would hear in the Crown Vic. Not sure where mine is.
Paul
2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

greasychevy wrote:tom slick- the parts guy says that not a part number. says its should be 8 dgits all numbers.
That is probably the Kerr Industries part #, not the GM part #.

I will look again...

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Actually take a close look at the number and formatting, I'd swear it was a Ford part # !!
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
gregc

Post by gregc »

I just checked mine to see if there was a flasher module and it's not there. I guess it's hard to find something that isn't there especially if you don't know what it looks like. I ended up ordering one that's PPV specific and it's plug and play. It's from siren net.com part number
ETHFSS-CP

$59.30

I only want it for display purposes if I ever enter my car into a show.
greasychevy

Post by greasychevy »

Let me know how that works! I want it for the same thing.. And chasing people down at the race track.
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
gregc

Post by gregc »

It works like a charm. The harness is plug and play. The PPV harness plugs are plugged into each other. Just undo the plugs and plug into the module. Up front on the passenger side up fitting harness coil, just find a green and red wire. Connect it to a positive and the flights will flash. I just need to hook it up to my Whelen toggle switch and tap into a 12v.
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Could you post pictures of the module and the plugs?
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
gregc

Post by gregc »

The Tech wrote:Could you post pictures of the module and the plugs?
Here's the pics. The connector on the left is the caprice harness. You'll find them behind the passenger headlight connected together. The flasher module is specific to the PPV, so the connectors just plug right in. The module installs under the radiator support. There's a bracket attached to it.
Attachments
harness.jpg
harness.jpg (63.28 KiB) Viewed 16499 times
module.jpg
module.jpg (59.48 KiB) Viewed 16499 times
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

I just ordered this unit for my first mod to my car. It is scheduled to be delivered next week. I have to get the car ready for the shows this year and the Hot Rod Power Tour in June.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
tripplea63

Post by tripplea63 »

gregc wrote:
The Tech wrote:Could you post pictures of the module and the plugs?
Here's the pics. The connector on the left is the caprice harness. You'll find them behind the passenger headlight connected together. The flasher module is specific to the PPV, so the connectors just plug right in. The module installs under the radiator support. There's a bracket attached to it.
Is there a reason that i cannot see the photos of the module?