For when you just HAVE to mount radios in your 9C3.....

This section is for discussion of OEM police package options and police equipment for the Caprice (both OEM and after-market), as well as after-market upfitting perfomed on our cars.
elc32955
System Manager

For when you just HAVE to mount radios in your 9C3.....

Post by elc32955 »

I ran across this searching on the net and figured I'd post the link. Jotto Desk came up with a way to mount radios into your 2011 (ONLY 2011) 9C3 by replacing the glovebox. It's a custom console solution giving you about 6 units of space (2.5 units worth of their custom enclosures).

Jotto makes some of the best solutions for Public Safety in the industry. However, notice the munchkin-like space for your passenger's left front leg this mod leaves you with. I think I'd hate to ride in this car as an observer on patrol.... :)

http://jottopublicsafety.gojotto.com/ch ... e-box.html

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Tom Slick

Re: For when you just HAVE to mount radios in your 9C3.....

Post by Tom Slick »

It only fits the 2011's... not compatible with the knee-airbags in the 2012's and up!

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
elc32955
System Manager

Re: For when you just HAVE to mount radios in your 9C3.....

Post by elc32955 »

Ran across this again the other day on a search and was wondering if anyone ever saw one of these installed in the wild. It had to be an extremely limited production run given that there were only a thousand or so 2011's brought over, and it won't work in any other car except the 2011 because of the air bags added for the 2012 model. Given that the 2011 9C1 has the flat center console space, you'd think it had to be a targeted product for the 9C3 even though the attached pic shows it installed in a 9C1. Bet they got caught flat-footed by the GM production change for the 2012's....

If you look at the link you'll see what I meant in the first post about the munchkin leg room.... although if I was ever to add any radio equipment to my car (yeah, I'm also a ham radio operator), I'd probably tend towards this solution rather then to drill the console. It's been years since I've hard-mounted any radio equipment in any vehicles though.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.