Manual Swap Tuning

Caprice and GM-related general tech topics. Questions & topics on vehicle tuning, HP Tuners use, etc.....
zygee9577

Manual Swap Tuning

Post by zygee9577 »

Hi everybody.

I don't actually have a Caprice, but a G8. I saw someone on here completed a manual swap and PM'D them for help but it looks like they haven't been on in a while.

I've finished everything for the manual swap including having Chris White tune my BCM. They only thing left is tuning which I've had an issue finding concise non- contradictory information on.

I.e. I've found some places that say you have to flash a GXP manual file, others say not to do that and to do some segment swap from a VE, some say you need a different harness vs you're fine with stock. Etc.

In any case, I don't think I've found anywhere that has just a simple step by step instruction list for getting the tuning done right.

If anybody has info that could help me get this project done and on the road I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance 👍
lastcall190

Re: Manual Swap Tuning

Post by lastcall190 »

Fuzzkill did a manual swap, Kras007 as well seemed to have a lot of info on it. I'm sure there are a couple others (the former of those two mentioned got back to me when I had a few unrelated questions). I don't know who you messaged, but if it was one of those two guys then my info is likely useless.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
zygee9577

Re: Manual Swap Tuning

Post by zygee9577 »

I had messaged kras but not the other guy so I'll try him too. Thanks 👍