Posting common part numbers & sources

Caprice and GM-related general tech topics. Questions & topics on vehicle tuning, HP Tuners use, etc.....
elc32955
System Manager

Posting common part numbers & sources

Post by elc32955 »

Hey everyone!

This thread is for posting of common part numbers we're going to need for items on our cars as they go bad or need to be periodically changed. Whether we DIY or source stuff to have others put on our cars, it's quite obvious that the major source of parts for us is unfortunately going to be dealers, in one form or another. Price we pay for having a really rare car in our hands.

I've had limited success in G8 interchange with parts. Some work, others do not. Also, because the G8 was a pretty small comparative production run, not a lot of jobbers have extensive depth in on-the-shelf parts for them I'm finding. For instance, I recently had to source wiper blades. Three local chain auto parts stores had listings for them, but none were on the shelf. Or if they were, they had one of one kind (Rain-X blades for instance) but not the match.

I am going to try to work on parts discounts for forum members through some sources I have close to GM. Not guaranteeing anything, but I'm pretty sure I can work some kind of discount somewhere for us. Most of the car clubs with any salt to 'em get discounts from vendors.

With that all said, this is my first contribution to the parts comprendum.

WIPER BLADES

Left (Driver's) side - 92219233
Right (Passenger's) side - 92219234.

Both my blades I purchased off EBAY searching on the GM part number within the items. Both were purchased at a good price break off dealer list and had free shipping.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.