Technical Manuals

Caprice and GM-related general tech topics. Questions & topics on vehicle tuning, HP Tuners use, etc.....
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Technical Manuals

Post by elc32955 »

I just searched the Helm site, the CD's are no longer coming up although I saw them as an option when I ordered my books. This entry off the site was there as well....

2014 Chevy Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle Service Manual Set

Price: $200.00
Item not yet released to Helm from manufacturer. The item will be available on 1/16/2014.

So, if the PPV manuals are not coming out until Jan 2014, I wonder if that coincides with the release date of the car..... Quoting Laugh In, "Verrrrrrrrrrrry interestinggggggg....."
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
MaiAoSi

Post by MaiAoSi »

are the fsm handful to you guys? I'm planning to buy one but I'm wondering what's in it...
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

I know they've been invaluable to me in showing exactly how everything comes apart. I just wish the cd was available so that I could print out the needed pages and quit messing up my manuals. :P

Seriously though, if you don't plan on doing the work yourself then they're probably not worth the cost.

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

MaiAoSi wrote:are the fsm handful to you guys? I'm planning to buy one but I'm wondering what's in it...
Everything!! It’s not “one”, but a set. If you plan to keep the car for a while, and do ANY mods, or even maintenance, they are worth their weight in gold. You’ll be damned sure the Chevy dealer won’t have them.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?