Aussie class III hitch?

This is a forum section to coordinate "group" or mass parts purchases on behalf of our members. Moderated by NavyLifer.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - Unless the Group Purchase is either directly negotiated or sold by the New Caprice management, we have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
l77

Aussie class III hitch?

Post by l77 »

Kicking myself for not ordering the hitch from CP earlier; He quoted $570 shipped (everything in the pic) last year and I was going to wait till summer, oh well ~ ~ ~

Anyone else interested?

x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Aussie class III hitch?

Post by smwalker »

Is that a Holden/GM part? Like an authorized accessory? Wondering if any companies in the US that regularly make hitches would do a design for the caprice?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Probably the best option would be to get them one of the OEM hitches and see if they'll copy it.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
l77

Post by l77 »

eagle-co94 wrote:Probably the best option would be to get them one of the OEM hitches and see if they'll copy it.
May be doable if we have enough commitments including G8 guys. Any shop with a grinder and decent welding skills probably can make copies but I assume most won't due to liability concerns.
smwalker wrote:Is that a Holden/GM part? Like an authorized accessory? Wondering if any companies in the US that regularly make hitches would do a design for the caprice?
It's a genuine Holden part. Holmart has it for $399 but the only shipping option is $600+DHL. Just emailed them to see if there's a cheaper alternative or if they can provide shipping weight and dimensions (freight forwarding services?)

More info here,
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=92&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by l77 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I've got one coming but it hasn't hit the west coast yet. I also got hosed by a junkyard that sold me the wrong hitch...the Class II when it was supposed to be the big one.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Just some wisdom here.... hitches have been previously researched to death, might want to review a few of the earlier threads as there is BUNCHES of detailed information and an install or two to draw experience from as there were some unforeseen wrinkles in the installs.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

It looks like there's really only 1 hitch thread but it's a fid read. One advantage of having these made would be that the receiver tube could be extended to resolve fitment issues. It could even be made thicker to match the US impact beam thickness.
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

I would be interested!

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

Interested. tagging this topic for updates.
2016 Caprice
DonutCruiser12

Post by DonutCruiser12 »

I'm interested in the Class 3 for my 2012...
Im ready to order if I can find someone willing to ship them reasonably!