CAI and tune

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
mercialogo

CAI and tune

Post by mercialogo »

ok. Been a while since I have been on this site but Thought I would chime in on my upgrades so far. After I put the Solo Exhaust on, I put a Specter CAI on. That thing is loud but in a good way. I also just had a local guy in the Tulsa Area Tune the car. All I can say is OMG. This thing is like a completely different car. I have to learn how to drive it all over again though. With the Crappy OEM tires I am spinning tires in all 4 gears. I have to be very careful when leaving a stop light now. When it shifts from 1st to sec, I can very easily get a 2nd gear scratch when I don't want it to. It shifts much much quicker and the throttle response is much quicker as well. If you can get a tune in your area, I highly recommend it. I now need to find a Saturday without rain to see what improvement on the 1\4 will be, oh and better tires. So far I have ran a very consistent 14.4 at 100mph. This has been both with e85 and 91 real fuel. that seems a bit slow from things that I have read but I should be in the solid 13's now. ( Fingers Crossed )
1991 Honda Night Hawk 750
2000 Silver Trans Am (RIP)
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Extreme
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
Silversled

Re: CAI and tune

Post by Silversled »

Indeed! Once I started tuning my car, I couldn't believe how much torque management is applied to both engine and transmission strategies.
2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV
2014 Chevrolet Stingray Z51
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
Gerome

Re: CAI and tune

Post by Gerome »

Sweet ! If you can post some video of the car doing its thing lol .