Ls7 on my caprice

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
Gulf caprice

Ls7 on my caprice

Post by Gulf caprice »

Greeting,

Iam just about to pull the ls3 419 stroker engine due to bearings failure and switch to ls7

I put the stoker on hopfully to install f1 procharger later on but that didn't happend so I spry it with NOS. little 100 shot.

It made NA 475 hp and 460 TQ with baby cam gt11 and ported heads and intake and TB and 3.27 at the rear just if any one wondring. I did swap my other ls3 long block was laying around with ls7 from my friend vett and I thought it was a good deal.

And my question is did any one did the ls7 before ? What the power range with boltons will be.

Does it worth it to change feom good forged built engine need just to rebuild. I am just excited for 427 cu and the big bore.

What do you think I want to hear it all

Thanks.
CrashTestDummy

Re: Ls7 on my caprice

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Welcome back, Gulf! Not too many LS7 swaps around here. There is a thread here that links to a thread on the Chevy SS Forum that notes a guy who works for Hendrick Motorsports that had dropped a GMPP Crate LS7 into his Caprice:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=792&p=7109&hilit=LS7#p7109

He also upgraded the brakes, and I'm sure other bits, but the engine was running through the factory exhaust manifolds. Not sure the performance over stock. The guy said the mileage was horrid, but driving the car made him forget about all of that.

:lol:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Gulf caprice

Post by Gulf caprice »

Sorry for late in responding guys but finally I did it.

I installed the mighty ls7 with vcm air filter ans xforce headers and corsa cat back
It sound awsome I did the ex vavle job and some heads arp stud with some clearance with rings for spary. It made 460 with 21 dgree of timing and some leak in the headrs manifold. It is now nice daily driver. Soon will be result with spry.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

That's a nice bump in performance. I'm guessing it's the wet sump LS7? Can't wait to see the power made with the nitrous. Do you have any pictures of the swap or new engine bay?
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

Gulf caprice wrote:Sorry for late in responding guys but finally I did it.

I installed the mighty ls7 with vcm air filter ans xforce headers and corsa cat back
It sound awsome I did the ex vavle job and some heads arp stud with some clearance with rings for spary. It made 460 with 21 dgree of timing and some leak in the headrs manifold. It is now nice daily driver. Soon will be result with spry.
It didn't happen if there are no pics or a video .