Exhaust, rear diff swap, DOD delete, and LSA Supercharger.

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
xcidmigs

Re: Exhaust, rear diff swap, DOD delete, and LSA Supercharge

Post by xcidmigs »

What is the max boost PSI you are getting with the stock pulleys? I would think the exhaust mods alone would drop it from what a stock LSA is? curious if you are going to swap them out seeing as how you seem to have the supporting mods like cam etc to do so?
loopy127

Post by loopy127 »

It made about 7 pounds at 5400ish rpm on the stock ZL1 manifolds and cats. I'm sure it's lower with the new exhaust setup. It also seems to run a bit cooler. Being that it runs about 10 to 1 air/fuel ratio at wide open throttle, I'm sure that I could change the pulleys and add another 100ish horsepower on the same injectors. I have a buddy that will donate a water-methanol injection kit to the project if I want to install it. I think that I'll take it to the next level next summer.

In the meantime, I have been daily-driving the car with no issues. Transmission is holding up just fine. The tuners acted like 515 hp was no big deal and when I asked them about installing the methanol injection system, they said I wouldn't need it at those hp levels.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

I'm sure they could tune it just fine if you used a pulley that put you in the area under 10psi still but I'm sure the car will run even better with the water injection and if you are getting if free and have to do the retune anyway it would seem crazy not to do it. Maybe they can give you a tune for both? Not sure if you have a plug in device to switch tunes out or just using 1 only.