LSA Supercharger Installation

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
Silversled

Re: LSA Supercharger Installation

Post by Silversled »

PPV wrote:Vic, excellent wright up. Probably the best detail I’ve seen for a Holden lsa conversion! I know I will be referencing it when it’s time.
Jeff

I put a link in the ss forum so others can benefit from your work.

http://www.ssforums.com/forum/forced-in ... ics/168898" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey Jeff,
Thanks a bunch! I look forward to yours! Your build is going to be awesome.
2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV
2014 Chevrolet Stingray Z51
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
Maxspeed96ct

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

great thread victor. My lsa blower swap is almost done as well, cant wait to rip it around.

did you install that magnaflow resonator yet? Im wondering if I should of kept it. I'll know in another week or 2
Silversled

Post by Silversled »

Maxspeed96ct wrote:great thread victor. My lsa blower swap is almost done as well, cant wait to rip it around.

did you install that magnaflow resonator yet? Im wondering if I should of kept it. I'll know in another week or 2
Thanks and definitely post your build when you're done!

No I haven't had a chance to install the resonator muffler yet. Just got some 45degree and straight stainless pipe but it's competing for time in the life of work. The Kooks were loud before the LSA. I didn't notice that it got appreciably louder after though.
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
Dfreehd

Post by Dfreehd »

I saw nothing about swapping the converter for one from a CTSV. Did you leave the Stock stall converter? If so did you like where it locked up would you have changed it in hindsight? Doing the same swap into mine and i was curious.
Silversled

Post by Silversled »

Dfreehd,

I decided to use the stock converter for now since I'm running the LS9 cam and it idles low enough to not flash the converter. With a good engine and trans tune, it drives just fine on the street even with aggressive driving. For the drag strip the ZL1 or aftermarket stall might be better.
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
17mwolfe

Post by 17mwolfe »

This is some really good information!
I plan on using this to assist me on putting the supercharger on my 2011 caprice

I have a few questions.
Is the connector for the zl1 injectors the same as the stock electrical connector?
is the stock fuel pump able to supply enough fuel?
does the supercharger by-pass work just fine without the electrical valve?
Do you not need a adaptor plate on the intake ports? or doesthe supercharger bolts right up to the heads?

Your work seems really top notch. I would really appreciate some more information
Silversled

Post by Silversled »

17mwolfe wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:36 pm This is some really good information!
I plan on using this to assist me on putting the supercharger on my 2011 caprice

I have a few questions.
Is the connector for the zl1 injectors the same as the stock electrical connector?
is the stock fuel pump able to supply enough fuel?
does the supercharger by-pass work just fine without the electrical valve?
Do you not need a adaptor plate on the intake ports? or doesthe supercharger bolts right up to the heads?

Your work seems really top notch. I would really appreciate some more information
Thanks for the kind words. I'll try to answer your questions as concisely as possible.

Yes. They are the same USCAR connector. The LSA injectors are standard height for this series of engines and install seamlessly.

Is the stock fuel pump able to supply enough fuel?
Yes..However.... The fuel pump is the same one as the ZL1 but the Fuel Pump Controller Module (FPCM) has a more conservative calibration. With the LSA injectors they will be running at a fairly high duty cycle with the stock PPV FPCM calibration. Since you need to tune the car anyways, one more HPTuners credit will gain you access to the FPCM calibration. It is a couple of changes to make the fuel pump increase it's fuel pressure with increasing fuel flow.

Does the supercharger by-pass work just fine without the electrical valve?
You should remove the electrical bypass control valve. The E38 ECM does not have the ability to use it. It's primary use is to control boost for certain scenarios like engine fault, or when in reverse.

The LSA engine uses the same rectangular intake ports and as you saw from my writeup, it sits right on top without adapter plates.
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
17mwolfe

Post by 17mwolfe »

Thanks alot !
I haven't been able to find good answers for these questions online but now i have them.
You got alot of knowledge.

I didn't see you say it anywhere, just out of curiosity what kind of number did you get out of your caprice? hp/qtr miie
Silversled

Post by Silversled »

17mwolfe wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:14 am
I didn't see you say it anywhere, just out of curiosity what kind of number did you get out of your caprice? hp/qtr miie
I'm not one to post numbers as dyno charts since they are useless by themselves, even when SAE corrected to sea level. However while on the rollers last year while refining the timing tables, I saw low-ish 500whp. I've more focused the last year on refining drivability to near stock levels including refining transient fueling tables and fine tuning flex fuel calibration across ethanol % table breakpoints. I'm not really sure what I'm making at the moment but it sure drive well. LOL
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
nmargrave

Post by nmargrave »

Hi I am new to this Forum, I have been watching used superchargers for a while, I think I have found one. I had a question about If I would be able to use a blower off of a 2017 Camaro? I think I would be able to fit the parts together like you have, I just don't understand why the part number changed on the supercharger after 2015. Does anyone have any insight on this? I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Noob Nick
2013 9C1 6.0L Kooks to 3in Solo exhaust, Livernois tune, AFM disabled, with a manual oil block off in the oil sensor hole, Rotofab CAI, Viper alarm system with remote start, 8 inch subwoofer, Camaro transmission pan, daily driver.