Motor Mounts....gotta do'em...

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
miket

Motor Mounts....gotta do'em...

Post by miket »

For those that have done it, whats the trick to doing it easily?
2013 Caprice 9c1 PPV
1969 Caprice Custom Cpe 427
78 C10 Big ten 350Ho
CrashTestDummy

Re: Motor Mounts....gotta do'em...

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Paying someone else to do it. :lol:

Not sure yet. One of ours got replaced before we bought it.

After being under the car to work on the exhaust, though, it doesn’t look that bad. Put the car on jack stands, loosen one nut, lift the engine with a jack placed under the oil pan, pushing on a block of wood or piece of plywood, and undo the other nut.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
miket

Post by miket »

Thanks Gene....it seems straightforward but potentially a bear to get to...wouldn't sweat it if i still had my shop...
2013 Caprice 9c1 PPV
78 C10 Big ten 350Ho
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

There seems to be a LOT of access with the cats out of the way. At least that's what it looks like to me. Since I had the exhaust out of the car, I looked up and saw those mounts, and fairly-free access to the nuts that hold them on, and thought that now might be a good time to upgrade the mounts.

Issues with the exhaust kind of messed with the schedule, so mounts won't be on the table this time. :-/
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
miket

Post by miket »

Thanks Gene...next it seems is exhaust...as the noise I thought was a broken motor mount is likely exhaust. :oops: :x
2013 Caprice 9c1 PPV
78 C10 Big ten 350Ho
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

If one was looking to upgrade to Poly mounts, what would be the best source at a reasonable price? Is G8 best fitment, or do Gen5 Camaro work better? I remember seeing someone had to modify one application, but I can't recall which.
-----------------------------------------------------------
2012 Chevrolet Caprice "The Daily"
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 25th anniversary "The Wannabe Racecar"
Maxspeed96ct

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

I jacked the engine up from the oil pan with a block of wood, removed the top two bolts and bottom two bolts.

A swivel socket was needed, and i had my manifolds off for a header install
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

Recently picked up another 2011 Caprice with around 111,000 miles on the clock. The driver side motor mount was shot and was causing some strange noises when the car was cold and put into reverse, plus it did the usual clunking when you would power brake it. I don't know if it is the quickest way, but I supported the engine with a small jack and a block of wood under the pan, pulled the air box, the exhaust manifold and pulled the mount/mounting bracket as an assembly. I left the spark plugs in and the manifold cleared them with no problem. Since the car is a Texas car, the manifold came off with no problems. It took a couple of hours using no air tools. I did have a couple of manifold bolts that were loose and the repairs did fix what sounded like a slight lifter tick when I was accelerating at part throttle.

David
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

My 2011 has just under 100k km (62k miles) and the mounts are fine right now but next year, I'll be installing headers and a full exhaust. Would it be worth it for me to replace them anyway as a preventive thing? They will be 8 years old and I do feel a little vibration at idle. At $120CAD each, is it worth it?

I have learned from my TrailBlazer to only use ACDelco mounts as both seem to be the similar gel-filled type and that the aftermarket ones aren't that cause vibrations.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Raunchtastic wrote:If one was looking to upgrade to Poly mounts, what would be the best source at a reasonable price? Is G8 best fitment, or do Gen5 Camaro work better? I remember seeing someone had to modify one application, but I can't recall which.
holden parts usa has some heavy duty mounts - https://holdenpartsusa.com/collections/ ... -mount-set" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ive got them for both my SS and my PPV , also he has them in his 800whp SS