Headers

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
s/c'd cav

Re: Headers

Post by s/c'd cav »

lastcall190 wrote:
s/c'd cav wrote: kooks does , i thought it was jba , but its doug thorley that lists them for the caprice

kooks is specific for the added length length of the caprice

other wise the others work with a bit of stretching , some systems have a little extra length when they slip together

ive got the 2" arh system for mine , but waiting to collect the sc parts i need before installing them
Poor wording on my part; I meant to say, "I doubt you will find them listed for the Caprice [by ARH]..."

2" primaries? Oh my.

YES YES !!! im after 800+ whp
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

s/c'd cav, lastcall190, and kevinink, thank you for your information it is much appreciated!

D
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

s/c'd cav wrote:
lastcall190 wrote:
s/c'd cav wrote: kooks does , i thought it was jba , but its doug thorley that lists them for the caprice

kooks is specific for the added length length of the caprice

other wise the others work with a bit of stretching , some systems have a little extra length when they slip together

ive got the 2" arh system for mine , but waiting to collect the sc parts i need before installing them
Poor wording on my part; I meant to say, "I doubt you will find them listed for the Caprice [by ARH]..."

2" primaries? Oh my.

YES YES !!! im after 800+ whp
s/c'd cav, that's a good goal, 800, from an L77? If you have time, please outline your modifications, it's educational to see other peoples mechanical creations.
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

I saw a Caprice PPV on Craigslist ( sold when I contacted him ) that listed Pacesetter long tube headers as one of the modifications, just thought I would add that vendor to the list already mentioned.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

VintageIron41 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:32 pm I saw a Caprice PPV on Craigslist ( sold when I contacted him ) that listed Pacesetter long tube headers as one of the modifications, just thought I would add that vendor to the list already mentioned.
and they do NOT fit with the oil cooler
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

Thanks s/c'd cav,
So any headers that are specific to the Chevy SS will clear the oil cooler? Is that slow true for the length needed to pair up with stock exhaust system on a Caprice PPV?

Thank you again for your replies to posts!
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

VintageIron41 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:59 am Thanks s/c'd cav,
So any headers that are specific to the Chevy SS will clear the oil cooler? Is that slow true for the length needed to pair up with stock exhaust system on a Caprice PPV?

YES , the SS sedan headers will clear the oil cooler

i think doug thorley are one of the few that will connect up to our stock mid section , other wise you will need help from a exhaust shop
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

s/c'd cav wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:05 pm

i think doug thorley are one of the few that will connect up to our stock mid section , other wise you will need help from a exhaust shop
Is there any reason why the Doug Thorley headers would not fit a WN series Caprice? There website stops short of 2014 on application and when I called, they could not guarantee the application.

Thanks!
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

VintageIron41 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:40 am
s/c'd cav wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Is there any reason why the Doug Thorley headers would not fit a WN series Caprice? There website stops short of 2014 on application and when I called, they could not guarantee the application.

Thanks!
Long Tube Tri-Y Headers
2008-10 Pontiac G8 GT / G8 GXP
2008-12 Chevy Caprice
2014-16 Chevy SS Sedan
2008-12 Caprice
2008-15 Holden Commodore
6.0L-6.2L V8
Part# THY-333Y-C

that is from their site , but fitting the 14-17 SS sedan , they will fit ours as well
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

That was my guesstimate, thank you for confirmation!

D