Headers

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
VintageIron41

Headers

Post by VintageIron41 »

Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.

What headers are recommended for the L77 in a Caprice PPV, any that have no clearance issues?

Thank you!
s/c'd cav

Re: Headers

Post by s/c'd cav »

looks for ones for the SS sedan's , jba and kooks also list them for the caprice

most G8 headers require removing the engine oil cooler
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

s/c'd cav wrote:looks for ones for the SS sedan's , jba and kooks also list them for the caprice

most G8 headers require removing the engine oil cooler
Again, many thanks 2nd Cav.
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

I doubt you'll find them specifically listed for the Caprice, but I called ARH in the past and the owner called me back and said they can/do make PPV headers, mostly by just taking their SS design and changing it a bit. Feels like it would be a made to order piece and places wouldn't stock them. Just another option.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
kevink

Post by kevink »

I have Kooks 1 7/8" for the SS and they bolt right in. I don't see why ARH headers for the SS wouldn't work. They are the same car. Nothing should need to be tweaked.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Crossover section added length, I would imagine. ARH only sells as a system (LTs and X vs just LTs like Kooks sells) I seem to recall.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

lastcall190 wrote:I doubt you'll find them specifically listed for the Caprice, but I called ARH in the past and the owner called me back and said they can/do make PPV headers, mostly by just taking their SS design and changing it a bit. Feels like it would be a made to order piece and places wouldn't stock them. Just another option.

-J
kooks does , i thought it was jba , but its doug thorley that lists them for the caprice

kooks is specific for the added length length of the caprice

other wise the others work with a bit of stretching , some systems have a little extra length when they slip together

ive got the 2" arh system for mine , but waiting to collect the sc parts i need before installing them
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

s/c'd cav wrote: kooks does , i thought it was jba , but its doug thorley that lists them for the caprice

kooks is specific for the added length length of the caprice

other wise the others work with a bit of stretching , some systems have a little extra length when they slip together

ive got the 2" arh system for mine , but waiting to collect the sc parts i need before installing them
Poor wording on my part; I meant to say, "I doubt you will find them listed for the Caprice [by ARH]..."

2" primaries? Oh my.
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

kevink

Post by kevink »

lastcall190 wrote:Crossover section added length, I would imagine. ARH only sells as a system (LTs and X vs just LTs like Kooks sells) I seem to recall.

-J
To be clear, I was only talking about headers, not other pieces of the exhaust system. I thought that's what the OP asked about. The PPV and the SS is the exact same car as far as headers are concerned and there should be no problem putting any header designed for the SS on a PPV.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Understood. Just providing additional unsolicited options

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI