ECU Issue - LSA Blower Tune - Fixed

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
Schul274

ECU Issue - LSA Blower Tune - Fixed

Post by Schul274 »

I just wanted to share my experience on my Caprice with you guys so no one else has to go through this.

In spring, we LSA supercharged my dad's Caprice (2012 126,000 miles). We got it tuned and it made 505RWHP.

When I picked it up/on the ride home I had issues with:
-Check engine light came on
-Went into Limp mode (about 30 min in)
- At partial throttle lots of missfires and falling on its face (large pop/clunk)

This partial throttle clunk was very bad. you'd try to roll into boost and the car would basically die for second. Here is a log of the issue:
(need to add pick)

Brought it back to the tuner to have him check it out, I thought it was a trans tune. He said it was something electrical. Recommended:
-check the grounds
if that doesn't work
-new wire harness
if that doesnt work
-new ECU

We went through, cleaned up all the grounds, ran a wire from the block to the (-) battery terminal and nothing improved.

Then I bought a used harness and cleaned it up. Hand cleaned every pin with a pin file, cleanned all connectors with electronics connectore cleaner. No improvement.

We finally dropped it back at the shop for a new ECU ($300 for ECU, $200 for ECU flash/tune). That fixed this issue.

So if you and your tuner are scratching your heads after trying to tune the car and getting weird sensor readings and the car isn't running well, might need a new ECU.