New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:25 am 
Administration Staff

Good to know it worked out....was the gasket from O'Reilly/Nickson a direct cross from the Walker part identified from the chart? Point being, did it work without issue? Just curious to know if the Walker part would work, too.

Here's what displays when looked up at O'Reilly, which still identifies by the Walker number--and if I run the 13731-1 number in search, nothing comes up:
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/nick ... 93?q=31512

$3.29 each, local to me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:44 am 

Honestly I had never heard of nickson until that day. I found the gasket on this nickson site http://www.nickson.com/newcatalogs/__Re ... s_SM-1.pdf under top 100 gaskets it shows the cross reference numbers. Maybe this helps? The walker number I gave them was 31337. Also gave them a mahle F32258 and a felpro 60458. Looking at the nickson pdf they used the felpro number.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:53 pm 

Yeah, I think that Nickson 13731-1 is a typo. My cross referencing comes up with a Nickson 13733. Odd that O'Reilly's doesn't show anything for that, and I _think_ when I was in the store, a search for that part number showed up no image.

The Walker 31512 looks a lot like the Nickson part, with one bolt hole an open slot. I ended up coming home with a ROL-Tech EG24733 (it's what the Fel-Pro number converted to, and what my local store had in stock).

http://rolexhaust.mycarparts.net/products/ROL-Tech-EG24733?brand_id=3107

Funny, though, that I can't find the Fel-Pro P/N even on the Fel-Pro e-catalog web site!! And more-annoying was that I couldn't find a listing for the Nickson p/n on the O'reilly website! The Nickson-branded gasket does come up when you enter the Rol-Tech part number in the search blank, though!! ROL-Tech calls it a 'catalytic converter' gasket.

The I think it will work, but I haven't made it out to the shop yet, though, as it just got above freezing here. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Is your head swimming yet? Mine is! So the executive summary is:

Walker 31512 = Fel-Pro 60548 = Nickson 13733 (I'm not finding the dash-1 extension in the Nickson catalog) = ROL-Tech EG24733

1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2010 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1996 BBB Impala SS (11-second DD)
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?