Difference between Pipes for Kooks Headers

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
jpalmer

Re: Difference between Pipes for Kooks Headers

Post by jpalmer »

xcidmigs wrote:
jpalmer wrote:

Guess I'll kick it around awhile and see if any other manufacturers come up with a solution.

I would really like a 2.5" system instead of the 3", wonder how bad it would be to piece one together from parts like from Dynomax, Flowmaster or Flo~Pro, etc.
I think its correct to use a 2.5" system on a mostly stock car, you wouldn't need or be using a 3" system until you are at 500+ HP. My 2001 2500 6.0 pickup came stock with a very interesting full 2.5" system from the engine all the way back to this trash can sized muffler which had a very strange 2 in and 1 out setup I guess mostly just for cost. I'm sure they engineered that to give the best possible torque vs MPG on what they knew would be a often loaded up vehicle.

Have you seen the thread regarding installing the camaro SS front cat pipes and factory cat back systems on the caprice?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems very doable even at home and gives you a 2.5" stainless system with non of the necked down smaller than 2" diameter connections that we have on our cars while still being fully emissions legal. I can't believe any tech person would spot the swap and try to invalidate it if its installed well and welded up. Then there is of course several pieces you can replace made by flowmaster etc if you wanted to make it even better. I have a complete system in my garage i bought last year for $100 used. Only thing i don't like is a front section that is pinched in a few spots.
Thanks for the tip.....checking the link now!
Jeff

1996 Caprice LT1 B4U - Sold - So long my friend - it was a great 17 years!
2001 Silverado LS 3500 DuraMax Dually 4x4
2004 Suburban 2500 6.0L 4x4
2013 Caprice PPV 6.0L