S13REMI'S EXHAUST THREAD!!

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
S13REMI

S13REMI'S EXHAUST THREAD!!

Post by S13REMI »

So this is the other thread i promised would happen as well. The exhaust is still in the process of being finished. The car already has inch and 3/4 long tubes with 3" collectors. V-bands welded on those and the exhaust is being built from there. The whole thing will be built from 3" 316 stainless, not cats in the car and only muffler. It will have cut outs in the back allowing me to just bypass the mufflers. The cut outs are wireless and use a key fob for opening and closing!! Hoping for i to be obnoxius when the valves are open (especially with the cam going in), and still streetable with out drawing to much attention from the law when the valves are closed. quick teaser photo of the mid section being welded up.
Last edited by S13REMI on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: S13REMI'S EXHAUST THREAD!!

Post by Navy Lifer »

so I guess it's a "teaser" photo if you don't post it....this is the second thread you've done this, I think.

Pictures or it didn't happen! :P
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

fixed Bill!!!! :lol: :lol:
Navy Lifer wrote:so I guess it's a "teaser" photo if you don't post it....this is the second thread you've done this, I think.

Pictures or it didn't happen! :P
You guys are just too fast for me.
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

Here's some picture and little video of the car idling valve opened and closed. Yes I cut the spare tire well out.

S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

Quick video a friend shot of the caprice wit his phone. This is with the valves open. Sorry for the low quality

https://youtu.be/5JW2-CHFlbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

Nice !
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

maybe its just the camera angles but I'm not sure I'm feeling that look all angled out like that.. Also not sure i get the chopping the spare well out either when so many people are able to tuck stuff into stock locations is it just that you wanted the pipes as straight as possible? I have been considering just having a pair of electric cut outs installed in the area of the stock muffler to mid pipe bolt together joint which is proven to be one of the big restriction areas in a stock system anyway, you could just have a short dump pipe coming down/back from that which wouldn't even be visible from behind the car.
In the end its your car and clearly you do good work and like to have something different like the coil overs and huge ballonies so I still give you a thumbs up even if its not for me.
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

The spare tire well got cut out because I didn't feel like trying to fit all the pipe in that small if an area. I never use the spare any ways so it was no loss to me. The angle, my back ground is important, while the cars have gotten more grown up and the engines have gotten significantly more domestic there's still some style influences I'll always like. I didn't dump the cut outs under the car because I personally think it sounds terrible like that and tends to resonate super bad! With the valves open and it completely straight piped I can still cruise around with it and it's not bad in the car at all.
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

a little video of some shenanigans. Accidentally jumped the car at the end of the video but good idea of the exhaust

https://youtu.be/mU7WMEVTR3s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

I have to agree that the angle of the tips is a bit odd, as is the reverse-slash cut on them. That being said, that is badass. I have been trying to convince my buddy with a '69 GTO to do VOE exhaust, but he won't. I may have to copy (and modify) what you did here. I'll be honest, I'm pretty jealous of your car. If I didnt have to keep my car "family friendly" I would have her slammed on coils also. Or air-bags. Now I'm dreaming again...
-----------------------------------------------------------
2012 Chevrolet Caprice "The Daily"
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 25th anniversary "The Wannabe Racecar"