Full exhaust questions

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
elmer91

Full exhaust questions

Post by elmer91 »

Hello, I'm going to be pulling my motor out of my car soon, and thought what better time to put headers on the car. I know I'm going with 1 7/8 kooks ss headers, and I already have the solo axle back, but what about the mid pipe? Suggestions on what would be best to use (brand, from what car, etc)? Or would it not be worth it to change mid pipe and keep that stock? And what all mods need done? I've seen where the connection at the header needs extended a bit, and have heard that some work needs done at the axle but I'm not sure what. Also not looking for annoyingly loud, as this is my daily driver.
2012 9C1 Caprice PPV, totaled
2012 9C1 Caprice PPV, soon to have TSP LS3 stage 1 cam, DOD delete, solo axle back, rotofab CAI, tuned
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
1989 BMW 325i
Silversled

Re: Full exhaust questions

Post by Silversled »

Kooks released a video a couple of years ago with a Caprice with Kooks headers and Solo exhaust. Assuming they used the axle back system, they may have a solution already engineered for you. I'm sure the mid pipe is just a Chevy SS version that's modified by changing the European ball joint to a flange joint at the axle back. It's probably worth a call to them.

https://youtu.be/q14-IBLsDkk
2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV
2014 Chevrolet Stingray Z51
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
brenard

Re: Full exhaust questions

Post by brenard »

Saw that video before. I can say that their exhaust setup sounds really nice.