Full Kooks system

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
undrcvrppv

Re: Full Kooks system

Post by undrcvrppv »

I installed a kooks g8 full system on my 2012 caprice but I had to cut and weld in 3 1/2 inchs of stainless pipe on to the x pipe and if you want the axle back to fit you have to add another 3 1/2 inchs on to that not a big deal if you have 304 stainless and a rig welder laying around if you don't big pain or big $ for someone to do it
Turtle Bite

Re: Full Kooks system

Post by Turtle Bite »

Silversled wrote:
Silversled wrote:
79sevillecoupe wrote:Was the customer service rep's name Branden F that you were dealing with? That is the place that quoted me on the parts. What did you order through them?
Branden (sp??) called me on March 9th to explain what is going on with my order. I believe he is the owner. I ordered my Kooks LT and race catted mid pipes on Dec 3, 2016 and as of March 21 have no clue when I'll get them.
Update: I just received a UPS email that it is shipped. By the time I receive it next week it'll be just about 4 months from the time of order.

The way I understand the issue is that Maryland holds onto your money until they get a critical mass of orders which adds to the lead time. Then the Chevy SS demand is so small that Kooks's production planning only creates manufacturing demand 2-3 times a year probably based on their batch sizes to minimize jig change out and setup.

If anyone wants to order from Maryland, I would highly recommend calling and confirming that they have it in stock and put it in writing at time of order. If not, be prepared to wait to get their good pricing. For LT and race catted mid pipe, I paid $1300 shipped.
Maryland Speed no longer a kooks distributor due to customer service issues:
https://www.kooksheaders.com/news/impor ... butor.html
2011 Caprice, Night fury cam, kooks, SLP loudmouth, holden stuff, H&R, baby haulin hot rod.