What fuel pump /injectors does the flex fuel ppv have ?

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
Maxspeed96ct

Re: What fuel pump /injectors does the flex fuel ppv have ?

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

the CTS-V does not have a dual pump. That's false. Completely false.

The CTS-V pump does have a higher flow rate buts its very minimal, maybe 5% I think .

The ppv would need to have the Fscm programmed to the ZL1 calibration to match the ZL1 flow rates, or you can just try to buy a zl1 FSCM but that would likely cost more.

black6 is correct, the 5th gen, caprice, and zl1 fuel pumps are the same but have a different calibration programed in the FSCM.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

odd this looks like dual pumps to me ?
Attachments
ctsv.jpg
ctsv.jpg (24.55 KiB) Viewed 9851 times
Maxspeed96ct

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

wow is that it?

why does lingenfelter call their $800 dual pump kit a upgrade if it has duel pumps stock ?

The way its rated I always assumed it was one pump
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Maxspeed96ct wrote:wow is that it?

why does lingenfelter call their $800 dual pump kit a upgrade if it has duel pumps stock ?

The way its rated I always assumed it was one pump
they are small volume(flow) pumps

the upgrade is to larger volume(flow) pumps , and they might wire their 2nd pump differently
Maxspeed96ct

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

I inquired about the lingenfelter dueal pumps but they didn't really want to share much info. I wanted to know what details needed to be edited in the fuel pressure control module to run the dual lingenfelter pumps but they wouldn't really help ?

It would of been the ideal setup for me possibly.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

i like changing a single pump to a dual pump when there is forced induction or nitrous , you run 1 pump all the time , and use a hoobs switch to boost reference the 2nd pump to come on , and with nitrous the 2nd pump wired with the solenoids to come one when activated

im not really that familiar with the dual ctsv setup
Sh00bs

Post by Sh00bs »

sorry to bring back an old thread... but i cant find much info on upgrading our fuel systems. will all ZL1 drop in baskets work on our cars ?
Sh00bs

Post by Sh00bs »

after some searching I found what info I needed. I ran out of pump on E with my lsa

got a CTS v basket, twin aem 340's and am ready to drop it in but I can't figure out what to do with the level sending unit on the cts v basket ?
the stock caprice basket is all integrated
Attachments
20230114_134110.jpg
20230114_134110.jpg (3.63 MiB) Viewed 1506 times
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Sh00bs wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:35 pm after some searching I found what info I needed. I ran out of pump on E with my lsa

got a CTS v basket, twin aem 340's and am ready to drop it in but I can't figure out what to do with the level sending unit on the cts v basket ?
the stock caprice basket is all integrated
you plug it into the lid !!! unlelss you dont care to know the fuel level
Sh00bs

Post by Sh00bs »

so on the V bucket lid, each of the two pumps go into the lid, using the 2 plugs. there's no where for the level sensor to go
i Y'd the pumps into each other to utilize the right only plug and the level sensor will use the left plug. but now they'll be running All the time when the car is running...

SO after talking to vaporworkx, i need to undo the fuckery i did, he's sending me a fuel controller unit meant for the cts V bucket and twins in our cars AS WELL AS a grommet style plug you drill into the lid for the level sensor - so you'll have 2 plugs in top of the lid instead of just 1.
to clarify, you'll have the new level sensor plug you drill through the grommet to add, then the oem plug (which was level sensor and fp) which now runs both fuel pumps, one left and one right.

will update after it's all installed. the Fuel controller pulsates the pumps so they dont run 100% all the time - which others are telling me would burn them up after a few months. im hearing a LOT of the DW300c's are worse, i mean they're good when they work but they dont, a lot. lol
idr if i mentioned it before or not but im running twin AEM 340 lph's, part number 1215 iirc ? they have the shoulder so they're a direct swap for the oem CTS V pumps