Speed Engineering Headers

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
JUNKYARD_JACK

Speed Engineering Headers

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

Just saw this on FB

I am very interested in giving these a try.

https://speed-engineering.com/collectio ... 2l-engines
Attachments
Caprice Headers.PNG
Caprice Headers.PNG (1.13 MiB) Viewed 2812 times
Ridgeppv

Re: Speed Engineering Headers

Post by Ridgeppv »

Blue line Performance is selling them as well. Haven't heard anything bad about them.
2014 6.0L BTR Stage 2 Cam, DOD Delete, 3.45 diff, long tube headers, VCM OTR Intake
Sh00bs

Post by Sh00bs »

that's cheap.... pretty cool
bluethunder

Post by bluethunder »

anyone here tried these headers yet? Any idea of build location?
bluethunder

Post by bluethunder »

China??
Caspercustoms

Post by Caspercustoms »

I just installed mine yesterday wasn’t too bad no oil cooler delete needed just move the steering linkage and it’s a direct fit bolts right on no problems… you do have to cut and use part of your factory exhaust to connect to the xpipe other then that I like it
2014 caprice CAI speed engineering headers & xpipe c5 vette wheels
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

I really want to get a set but my caprice is just being a normal little daily right now and I'm working on getting a LS in my 240sx and that's my main focus. I'm glad to hear they fit pretty well; I'll pull the trigger on a set before too much longer.
DGCaprice

Post by DGCaprice »

Thinking of getting the Speed Engineering header and x pipe setup also for a 2013.

Casper,

Are you using the factory mufflers still with the new header and pipe setup? If so, how much change in the exhaust note is there?
Do the new pipes just clamp on to the original after cutting them off?
I noticed speed engineering offers plug wires also as an option, factory wires won't fit with headers?

Thanks.
tqmnster

Post by tqmnster »

Just got the headers and mid section installed on mine last night. Not going to be reusing the stock rear section so i can't tell you how that would sound but yes they do include adapters to allow to cut and tie in your factory stuff with clamps. Would seem a little pointless to choke it all back down to like 2.25" or whatever it is though.

Factory wires will work but I've always put some sleeving over them to help them last longer. Also I suggest steering clear of the graphite gaskets. Buy the multi layer steel one. You'll also need o2 sensor extensions. May be able to make them work if you take the wires loose from all the retainers but I bought 12" extensions and called it good.
DGCaprice

Post by DGCaprice »

Thanks tqmaster.

I just want to verify you purchased this set of headers from Speed Engineering:

PONTIAC G8 AND CHEVROLET SS SEDAN LONGTUBE HEADERS 1 7/8" (6.0L, 6.2L ENGINES)

SKU: 25-1073

Regular price$399.99

I emailed them and they could not confirm fitment on a 2013....was kind of worried about that prior to purchase.
What mufflers did you end up running after the install? Was looking at the Solo axle backs but afraid they will be too loud.

Thanks.