Finally Decided (intake)

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
BIG_GREEK

Re: Finally Decided (intake)

Post by BIG_GREEK »

Fudgehog wrote:Thanks much appreciated, I don't think it's held down by bolts, but don't quote me. Thanks.
Go into my build thread on my upfit, i have pics of the floor being done.
"God created Police Officers so Fireman could have heroes!" - My late Father

2014 Phatom Black 9C1 (Toy)
2000 VW Jetta TDI (Daily 420k miles)
BIG_GREEK

Post by BIG_GREEK »

s/c'd cav wrote:its so they can fit both stock and larger tb's , and larger maf tubes

the one plus with the vcm is radiator brackets to hold the radiator in its tilted position
Roger that, I see keeping it a general fit.
"God created Police Officers so Fireman could have heroes!" - My late Father

2014 Phatom Black 9C1 (Toy)
2000 VW Jetta TDI (Daily 420k miles)
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

BIG_GREEK wrote:
s/c'd cav wrote:its so they can fit both stock and larger tb's , and larger maf tubes

the one plus with the vcm is radiator brackets to hold the radiator in its tilted position
Roger that, I see keeping it a general fit.
if i remember correctly , the stock is 3 3/4" give or take a few hairs , and most after market are 4" , and the larger 102 tb's are a hair bigger

easier to fit a a slightly smaller coupler to a larger diameter and stay tight , than trying to shrink a larger coupler to a smaller item and keep it tight

also they arent the only company that has done it , good design or poor design , its better to err on the side with more options and less cost , not to mention the customers always want larger
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Speaking of that and TBs would this one from MSD work? I know we have that gear cover/don't know technical term on the side for the gears but I'm just curious if this is a potential mod.

https://www.msdperformance.com/products ... parts/2940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should fit all LS Motors right?
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

no that would not work

there is only a few out there that replace the drive by wire tb's , nick williams , bbk to name a couple , and yes they are big money
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

s/c'd cav wrote:no that would not work

there is only a few out there that replace the drive by wire tb's , nick williams , bbk to name a couple , and yes they are big money
I'll keep my 40 buck spacer and maybe if I find a cnc rifle the body itself lmao.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

the stock type MAF is the only restriction on our motor apparently, numerous G8 threads where they change out to the LS3 card style unit. nice straight tube pieces sold which are ready to slip into your OTR intake and use one.
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

xcidmigs wrote: change out to the LS3 card style unit. nice straight tube pieces sold which are ready to slip into your OTR intake and use one.
How much do those run? Or you should link it for me please. Thanks again.

Active Duty USAF
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

the LS3/7 maf is usually 40-60ish , then you need a tube that it would bolt into

the tube ive got came from airaid - https://www.airaid.com/search/product.aspx?prod=9641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , then depending on the intake you are using , youll need to cut it down , and repin the maf plug
kevink

Post by kevink »

Here's what I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010 ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003J ... UTF8&psc=1
I only used the aluminum tube, not the plastic pieces.

My throttle response is instantaneous with this MAF, but I also have a very good tune (which you will need anyway if you install one). Don't forget to switch the two center wires on the harness! I'm not sure if this would be of any use on a mildly modified or unmodified car, though.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.