Oil catch can/location of crankcase vent tube

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
Sanford

Re: Oil catch can/location of crankcase vent tube

Post by Sanford »

You have to pay for the cost of a new sensor and drop your starter to fix the sensor, but after that it's absolutely free! Just pay blood sweat and tears.[/quote]

You don't have to drop the starter, the cam sensor is in the front timing chain cover.

David
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Ah I was flipped with the crank sensor. If that's the case, is it feasible to get to? Enough room to say take off intake and replace?

Turns out my belt chewed through the wires as I missed a wire retainer when I installed the intake. Whoops. No codes anymore.
Last edited by Fudgehog on Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
kevink

Post by kevink »

Fudgehog wrote:I got it figured out! That plastic fitting to the driver side valve cover it all makes sense now, I remember on the G8 and SS videos it was just a U shaped hose between those two in behind the TB.
The u shaped hose is only used if the car has an LS3 valley cover. Does yours? I am not so sure you have this figured out just yet. You keep mentioning the evap system. You do not touch the evap sytem when installing a catch can. The "yellow tipped fitting" that you mentioned is part of the evap system. Don't do anything with it!
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

No I have it, I didn't use any EVAP hoses. I went from the plastic fitting on the side of the TB to the side connection on the catch can, and from the driver side metal valley cover fitting to the top of the catch can. I took out one long hose which normally links these two together.

On the G8s and SS the hose is a small like 6 inch U shape that connects the crankcase and the intake port right behind the TB. On ours it's longer going to the rear left of the motor. I got it.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF