JBA Headers

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
VintageIron41

Re: JBA Headers

Post by VintageIron41 »

Has anyone installed the JBA long tube headers? If so, is it possible to install them at the catalytic converter connection(s) to maintain the center and rear sections of the exhaust system?

Thank you!
Groundczero

Post by Groundczero »

I installed them you can see pictures on page 2 of this thread, they fit good no issues.

Not sure about any of the stock parts really not worth keeping if you spent the money on the Long Tubes.
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

Thank you, I did see that picture, they do look like a good fit, did you have any trouble removing the old manifolds and fishing the headers up in to place? Put an axle back exhaust on my car not long ago, and like the sound as moderated by the resonator, I did gut the catalytic converters due to the new camshaft installation, so that is why I asked if the JBA headers will bolt up to the original downstream system.

Again, thank you for your reply.
Groundczero

Post by Groundczero »

VintageIron41 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:53 am Thank you, I did see that picture, they do look like a good fit, did you have any trouble removing the old manifolds and fishing the headers up in to place? Put an axle back exhaust on my car not long ago, and like the sound as moderated by the resonator, I did gut the catalytic converters due to the new camshaft installation, so that is why I asked if the JBA headers will bolt up to the original downstream system.

Again, thank you for your reply.

No issue with removing the old manifolds, but my car had only 60K miles on it. No issue getting the headers in place, but I came from underneath since I have access to a lift, the only thing that was needed was a new 02 sensor for one side since the one on the car line was not long enough, I posted earlier the o2 sensor from amazon has a little longer cable.
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

I don't see why anyone would want to put these in from the top unless they love making themselves miserable. Then again I've never installed headers when the heads are removed so... alright.

I replaced my stock cats, and my car had 104k on it of Ohio weather. They came off fine. I was going to remove the stock manifolds as well, but didn't need to.

With those parts removed, there is a TON of room. Good jack and good jack stands, shouldn't be an issue.

However I've attempted headers on an LT1 f-body so anything was a breeze comparatively.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...