Vararam Intake

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
Solardude

Vararam Intake

Post by Solardude »

Has anybody tried one of the G8 Vararam intakes out ? Seems like good middle ground between the rotofab and the very expensive vcm otr intake.
05 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red A4 w/red int, Procharger p1sc, Pacesetter Coated Headers,Aeroforce Gauges, H-pipe, DMH cutouts, Staggered Stern 18''s, Lots of Pedders/Lovells/Whiteline stuff. Tuned by Mike Norris

12 Chevy Caprice PPV 9c1 HSV Pentagon Replica 20''s, H&R Springs, HSV GTS Steering Wheel, Solo axle back, VCM Intake
Tariq

Re: Vararam Intake

Post by Tariq »

I think there is no way to fit it deirectly
I tried once but it didn't fit
coz of radioter upper MOUNT

The VCM OTR more powerfull
but pricy :(
Attachments
No 2
No 2
101221HE01A100.jpg (150.92 KiB) Viewed 31852 times
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Vararam says they have a direct fit for the Caprice...

Has anyone tried to install the Volant G8 Cold air intake on their Caprice?

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
Andy Legg

Post by Andy Legg »

I Installed the VCM OTR CAI this weekend. Fit Great & Looks Great.

CEL Came on after 40 miles driving?

Any Thoughs/Suggestions?
Solardude

Post by Solardude »

I would check what the code is then try disconnecting the battery and possibly unplugging the maf sensor. I have heard of problems after a cai install messing with the tune temporarily.
05 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red A4 w/red int, Procharger p1sc, Pacesetter Coated Headers,Aeroforce Gauges, H-pipe, DMH cutouts, Staggered Stern 18''s, Lots of Pedders/Lovells/Whiteline stuff. Tuned by Mike Norris

12 Chevy Caprice PPV 9c1 HSV Pentagon Replica 20''s, H&R Springs, HSV GTS Steering Wheel, Solo axle back, VCM Intake
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

Andy Legg wrote:I Installed the VCM OTR CAI this weekend. Fit Great & Looks Great.
CEL Came on after 40 miles driving?
Any Thoughs/Suggestions?
Check where the "Fresh Air" line which supplies fresh air into the passengers side front valve cover is connected.
To keep the computer 100% happy the small fresh air line needs to be plumbed into the system between the front of the throttle blade and the MAF.
If it isn't plumbed between those 2 pieces of hardware then your engine is getting a tiny amount of air that the MAF and computer don't know about. Which then means you are running leaner than calculated. Oxygen sensors report back their findings V's the calculated air and calculated fuel input.....It won't match if you have unmetered air getting into the engine.

Disconnect your negative battery terminal for half an hour and then re-connect. Let the car learn the new short term fuel corrections to go with your new intake.
Andy Legg

Post by Andy Legg »

Update:

Drove the car a couple short trips(<25 miles each way) and the CEL went out and has not came back on. :D
Solardude

Post by Solardude »

How do you like it? Mine came in the mail today. Goes on this weekend

Andy Legg

Post by Andy Legg »

I Like it a lot.

Becareful with the Push Pins......make sure everything lines up.

The Drain Valve is not listed in the Parts List....It goes in the bottom of the intake.

Also one of the tac-welded nuts on the Radiator Support Brackets broke free....had to use a back-up...no problem.

If you have any questions give me a call. 832-279-1051
hjm003

Post by hjm003 »

I installed a Varam intake. Love it. lots more noise coming from the intake though. Strange design. It bolted right up after a little bit of soap was used to slide the intake on. It kinda messed with me that the intake is supporting the radiator but its holding up so far. Its not moving anywhere.

Never disconnected batts. Engine lights never came on. Car hauls ass. I do have some magnaflow mufflers on and noticed a very small amount of sound increase. Those guys from Houston treated me with respect and could not have been nicer. God Bless Texas.

Over all summary: seat of the ass dyno said their power claims are true. Car is far more beastly. Worth the $$.