SOLO Axle Back J Pipes

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
13CapriceNC

SOLO Axle Back J Pipes

Post by 13CapriceNC »

I am looking to see if anyone would be interested in trading their aftermarket axle back exhaust for my SOLO Axle Back set. I am looking for something a little less loud since I have early morning commutes and I respect my new neighbors. I have about 2,000 miles on mine here in NC. I don't drive in the rain and we really don't have winter to cause any oxidation, so these are still in great shape. I have the stock mufflers still, but i don't want to go that quiet. Message me if you are interested.
13CapriceNC

Re: SOLO Axle Back J Pipes

Post by 13CapriceNC »

Still interested in trading my Solo Axlebacks for some aftermarket mufflers.
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

I have a set of oem like new mufflers. I already have the solo and do not find it that loud.
2016 C1
13CapriceNC

Post by 13CapriceNC »

cerbomark wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:00 am I have a set of oem like new mufflers. I already have the solo and do not find it that loud.
I don't find it too loud either. I just don't want to deal with neighbors coming over to my house complaining about me killing the O-Zone or making cows deaf. But, as the days go on, I am not caring too much and you should have seen their faces when I left two 300' black marks down the street lol.
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

LOL. :lol:
2016 C1
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

They get a lot of hate but I have always enjoyed Magnaflow full bodied mufflers. My Kooks mids and 3" G8 system while quite deep, is not particularly loud in the AM hours. The G8 magnaflow axle back seems like it would fit the bill for aftermarket plus quiet.

Cant help with a trade just tossing some ideas out there. Kooks makes an actual caprice axle back system but its not cheap, unsure of volume.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
13CapriceNC

Post by 13CapriceNC »

lastcall190 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:55 am They get a lot of hate but I have always enjoyed Magnaflow full bodied mufflers. My Kooks mids and 3" G8 system while quite deep, is not particularly loud in the AM hours. The G8 magnaflow axle back seems like it would fit the bill for aftermarket plus quiet.

Cant help with a trade just tossing some ideas out there. Kooks makes an actual caprice axle back system but its not cheap, unsure of volume.

-J
I appreciate information as much as a trade. Thank you for the info!!
IM28702

Post by IM28702 »

lastcall190 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:55 am They get a lot of hate...
Why do they get hate? Maybe I've been away from the forums for too long but I haven't heard as such. I have a Magnaflow muffler on my Suburban and I like it.
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Most all complaints are about the drone. I've always found drone to be wildly subjective. Either way I think they are one of the better sounding mufflers and suit my needs for what I'm looking for, so I constantly come back to them on vehicles I buy.

My wife drives my car with zero complaints so I can't imagine it's too terrible...

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
13CapriceNC

Post by 13CapriceNC »

So i decided to play around with ideas and found this company called Beyea (Bee-Yay) and they make a shorty race muffler. So i bought 2 of the the 2.5" ID inlet muffler and secured it to my SOLO axle backs, since they are the same length as the SOLO axle back quad tips. These race mufflers reduced the "Rasp" by half and still allowed the car to breathe and make more controlled noise. I like them. Below is the link to the mufflers and a before and after video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1PLDrsCrP0

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bey- ... gKSOPD_BwE