Headers w/o Oil cooler delete?

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
AceVL

Re: Headers w/o Oil cooler delete?

Post by AceVL »

HoldOn SV wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:00 pm Are there shorter headers available that don't require an oil cooler delete? I just had my first stock converter failure, and it's over $1600 repair (for just one), here on the south FL coast.
I was snooping around on the SS forums, and it seems they have been able to use the G8 Doug Thorley Headers without modification. They are Tri-Y hybrid headers that are ceramic coated.
South Cackalacky

2014 Caprice PPV
2005 Pontiac GTO
1998 Lexus SC400
HoldOn SV

Post by HoldOn SV »

I went with the Solo Performance High Flow, main upstream Cats, and deleted the California Emissions downstream cats, and the resonators after that. Suitcase mufflers are replaced with Mello-Tone 3-chamber mufflers (with fully welded baffles). I believe it sounds perfect (for me) now. I'll get an audio clip up when I can. Many Thanks for introducing me to Solo's products.
5150Bullys

Post by 5150Bullys »

So 1600 for front cat replacement... any after market or info on a front cat delete? Shop said the angle of these cats limits my options
DirtySouth

Post by DirtySouth »

ok can i get a definite yes or no about 5th gen camaro long tubes working on these cars? i wont be using the oil cooler i got a 12 ppv
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

DirtySouth wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:56 pm ok can i get a definite yes or no about 5th gen camaro long tubes working on these cars? i wont be using the oil cooler i got a 12 ppv
after you beat the shit out of them

better off using G8 or SS sedan headers
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Go with SS. No modding and works with cooler.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

Mooseman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:38 pm Go with SS. No modding and works with cooler.
This is why my first real mod will be JBA longtubes and then I'll build out a dual 3in exhaust from the header back into the factory mufflers for now.

The consensus seems to be that the SS sedan headers are the way to go.
DirtySouth

Post by DirtySouth »

I was afraid yall was gonna say that :-( i was really hoping camaro would work cause speed engineering has some at a descent price everyone else is 600-1.000 does anyone know of any company that doesnt charge an arm and leg for a set of long tubes for a G8 since those work 4 these cars
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 272884978/

I should have never found out about Facebook market place because for the price that I’m finding these headers at I’m about to make something work.

Someone tell me this is a bad idea please. Lol.
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

Does anyone know from experience how the G8 headers fit vs the SS headers? I feel like I find some good deals on used stuff and I just want to have a better idea of that I’m looking at work wise to make it fit.

https://dayspartsyard.com/products/2009 ... -exhaust-1