Stainless Works Chevy SS header/exhaust in progress!

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
GTObert

Re: Stainless Works Chevy SS header/exhaust in progress!

Post by GTObert »

I spoke with several of their representatives and at least one of them told me that they had sold a complete SS kit to someone with a Caprice. They contacted the custome for me an found out that everything between the headers and the axel does not fit, not just a matter of length. They did also mention the length between the axel and the bumber. This is why I decided to just get headers and axel back and use the money saved to have everything else fabbed up. It woul be interesting to have a member buy the full kit and document exactly what doesn't fit rather than going on the word from some guy.
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Hmm, well, that's the first bit of _any_ information I've received regarding this mod. Thank you. Most of what I've read has been more like the underwear gnomes episode of South Park. Only the middle bit where the gnomes are slowly shuffling their feet trying to figure out what step 2 is, is where the purchaser of the exhaust system hands the parts and car over to an exhaust shop that eventually backs a car with an exhaust system bolted to it out of the bay. "Profits!"

It's also depressing that the person I talked with at SW said the only difference was the length in two places. So I guess I'm back to looking at the G8 exhaust system but changing the oil cooler out. Back to thinking mode. :-/

There's a lack of exhaust shops around there that will do nice, mandrel-bent systems. Most cater to the construction worker wanting a cheap system, or the soccermom wanting it quick. The only place I know of is up in Dallas, and the only other place I've seen who _might_ do it, is about 60 miles away. The search is still on, though.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
GTObert

Post by GTObert »

Well with a welder and some stainless you may be able to figure it out. I still really don't like the idea of removing the oil cooler just to get exhaust, especially when there is a known way to avoid it.
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Heh, yep. While I have access to all the tools and parts to build AN hoses, and access to a pipe bender, I don't have access to a welder, nor talent to wield one. I'm starting to think that might be something to move up the list of shop tools, as I continue to have projects that could be quickly resolved with one.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?