HP Tuners

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
GTObert

HP Tuners

Post by GTObert »

I'm wondering if there are any members who have experience tuning their Caprice using HP Tuners. I just oredered up a pair of wideband sensors and I've decided to give it a shot. I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing but confident that if someone else can do it then so can I. So what I'm really looking for is a possible resource for helping out with any problems I might run in to. If anyone has anything to offer I would appreciate it.
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
greasychevy

Re: HP Tuners

Post by greasychevy »

i have HPT. I however dont do my own tuning. I have tuned my trans though. HPT is a VERY powerful tool and if you dont know what you are doing there is a very good chance you will ruin your engine/trans. But it can be done, just make small changes. and do some research. HPtuners.com has a forum that is a ton of help. There are many great books out there i recommend "Master EFI tuner" it is GM specific and covers HPT and EFI live.
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
GTObert

Post by GTObert »

I will look into that book, thanks. I am fully aware of the potential damage that can be caused by improper tuning. However, because I'm not using forced induction I believe the risk is minimal as long as I take things slow and make minor changes. Having the widebands hooked up and reading all the time should make it apparent if I have any issues so I can take care of them before any damage occurs.
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
greasychevy

Post by greasychevy »

Absolutely. Biggest things are making sure your AFR is good and there's no knock.
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue