Has anyone looked into these?

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
ImpalaPPV

Has anyone looked into these?

Post by ImpalaPPV »

I don't know if any of you have seem this or if it can be adapted to fit on a Caprice but if someone has the money it is probably worth a look.

http://www.airpowersystems.com/g8/g8_itt.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gerome

Re: Has anyone looked into these?

Post by Gerome »

Thats a pretty cool looking system . I couldn't find a price for it though .
mjones73

Post by mjones73 »

Some guy was just selling a GTO around here with that system on it, if I see him around, will ask him how he liked it. I do believe be mentioned he had an upgraded scavenger pump on it. The turbos sit low so you need a pump to return the oil back up to the motor.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Looks interesting. I wonder if there would be fitment/clearance issues between the intercooler and the police coolers in the front of our cars. Also don't know if you could use a skid plate with this setup easily... Also the turbos being low might be vulnerable to road debris strikes. But in concept it would get us a very good horsepower boost based on the dyno readings. On a L77 it's practically the same as a L76. Also.... wonder if the AFM lifters would handle the stress. If you're in 4cyl mode and all the sudden you decide to floor it because someone next to ya thinks he's gonna run Grandma's Impala, you don't need snap, crackle, pop..... :)
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
storm9c1

Post by storm9c1 »

Nice system! I like it! But the stock cats/downpipes and oil cooler will definitely be a problem (at first glance).

There's more room further back... So if this system were used, my guess it would need to be a complete refit.

Stock Caprice PPV exhaust:
Last edited by storm9c1 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom (AKA: Storm)
2011 Caprice 9C3: L77, 8K miles, first-owner, purchased July 2011.
1995 Caprice 9C1: LT1, 178K miles, summer car.
1995 Impala SS: LT1, 21K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 62K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 128K miles. Rust In Pieces
1994 Caprice 9C1: LT1, beater winter car.
1969 Chevy C30: 383ci stroker, 4L80E, rollback car hauler.
1972 Chrysler Newport: 400ci big block, survivor 27K miles, 2-door hardtop.
1969 Dodge Charger: 383ci big block.
ImpalaPPV

Post by ImpalaPPV »

I found the installation instructions:

http://www.airpowersystems.com/guides/a ... -tts01.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe you have to contact a dealer for pricing on these kits...I think they are in the 6-7k range (plus install).

I feel like if you had the time and the money you could make one of these kits work and it would be unique. I'd like to see the turbos and pipes jet hot coated before installation to help with the heat and corrosion especially due to their location. I also don't like the air intakes to be below the bumper but I guess you have to take what you can get... It looks like once the kit is installed you have to go custom on the exhaust and cats...Kooks green cats say they are for turbo applications.