Header Questions

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
CrashTestDummy

Re: Header Questions

Post by CrashTestDummy »

$500 is an awesome deal. Nice.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Just for reference, here is a picture of the Tahoe oil cooler adapter on our 2010 Tahoe. The oil filter boss is in the lower left corner of this picture, and the transmission is in the lower right corner. The lines are going forward along the side of the block just above the oil pan boss.

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
offutt0311

Post by offutt0311 »

CrashTestDummy wrote:$500 is an awesome deal. Nice.
Yea, I thought so too! I actually used http://www.uship.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and had some comletely stupid bids and some very reasonable and competitive ones. He picked it up this morning and it should arrive late tonight or early tomorrow morning. It's quite a long haul, but I'm barely able to wait patiently lol. :arrow: :shock:
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Yeah, I think I ended up paying about $600-$650 each to get two different vehicles shipped from Tampa, FL, to our little slice of the swamp in southeast Texas. Since it was originating from Florida, the place we bought the vehicles from handled all of that. The first vehicle took almost a month to get on a trailer, but the second vehicle was on it's way within a week of signing the papers. It only took two days to get here each time. When the big dually with the trailer shows up is like Santa landing in your yard!! :mrgreen:

If they show up late, and you get the option, have them deliver it in the morning, so you can really look it over. Both our vehicles arrived in good order, and for the Caprice, I had the guy show up the next day (he actually thanked me for the delay, so he didn't have to navigate the area at/near dark). When he was unloading the car, I heard that he had driven through some serious rains, and had a tire on the trailer come apart on the Atchafalaya Swamp Freeway, so looking the car over was important to me.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
offutt0311

Post by offutt0311 »

CrashTestDummy wrote:Yeah, I think I ended up paying about $600-$650 each to get two different vehicles shipped from Tampa, FL, to our little slice of the swamp in southeast Texas. Since it was originating from Florida, the place we bought the vehicles from handled all of that. The first vehicle took almost a month to get on a trailer, but the second vehicle was on it's way within a week of signing the papers. It only took two days to get here each time. When the big dually with the trailer shows up is like Santa landing in your yard!! :mrgreen:

If they show up late, and you get the option, have them deliver it in the morning, so you can really look it over. Both our vehicles arrived in good order, and for the Caprice, I had the guy show up the next day (he actually thanked me for the delay, so he didn't have to navigate the area at/near dark). When he was unloading the car, I heard that he had driven through some serious rains, and had a tire on the trailer come apart on the Atchafalaya Swamp Freeway, so looking the car over was important to me.
Well, I got her at 4 a.m. yesterday morning. Haven't had a chance to snap any pics as I have been working. Will try and get some today!
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Christmas in July! Congrats.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
offutt0311

Post by offutt0311 »

CrashTestDummy wrote:Christmas in July! Congrats.
Haha thank you kind sir! Working on a solution for these headlights now.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Headlights?
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
offutt0311

Post by offutt0311 »

CrashTestDummy wrote:Headlights?
Converting to some sick l.e.d Bulbs
Twotonfun

Post by Twotonfun »

Just had the kooks installed on my 2011 along with export pipes. Tremendous difference. After tuning 325 hp and torque to the ground.