Get 6

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
sc300bigtx
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:28 am

Re: Get 6

Post by sc300bigtx » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:41 am

Updates on this ?
Interested in doing the swap , hoping to gain more insight on the wiring aspect from end useres who have completed the swap

User avatar
Rewiredllc
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 pm
Location: Denver North Carolina

Re: Get 6

Post by Rewiredllc » Sun May 13, 2018 1:47 am

The car is up and running. All good. We are working on the wiring to make the G8 seat heaters work.
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC
Doyouevenracebro?... Racing

User avatar
Rewiredllc
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 pm
Location: Denver North Carolina

Re: Get 6

Post by Rewiredllc » Sun May 13, 2018 1:48 am

Because it’s summer time lol
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC
Doyouevenracebro?... Racing

User avatar
Rewiredllc
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 pm
Location: Denver North Carolina

Re: Get 6

Post by Rewiredllc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Thank you kras007 for the final details. We’re totally dialed in now!

LSA is on the way....
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC
Doyouevenracebro?... Racing

User avatar
Rewiredllc
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 pm
Location: Denver North Carolina

Re: Get 6

Post by Rewiredllc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Here we go!! LSA time.
Attachments
M6PPVLSA.jpg
M6PPVLSA.jpg (250.79 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC
Doyouevenracebro?... Racing

User avatar
Rewiredllc
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 pm
Location: Denver North Carolina

Re: Get 6

Post by Rewiredllc » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:26 pm

Slow steady progress. Bolting the blower on is the easy part.... Its everything else that takes all the time. Thankfully were in no hurry. It looks killer in there.
Attachments
M6LSA 5.jpg
M6LSA 5.jpg (317.46 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
M6LSA 4.jpg
M6LSA 4.jpg (313.68 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
M6LSA 3.jpg
M6LSA 3.jpg (321.96 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
M6LSA 2.jpg
M6LSA 2.jpg (323.19 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
M6LSA 1.jpg
M6LSA 1.jpg (294.21 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC
Doyouevenracebro?... Racing

CrashTestDummy
Posts: 1801
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:31 pm
Location: Pearland, Texas

Re: Get 6

Post by CrashTestDummy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm

IIRC the top of the blower housing and/or underside of the hood needed some trimming. Have you verified that fitment yet?
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2010 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1996 BBB Impala SS (11-second DD)
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?

User avatar
Rewiredllc
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 pm
Location: Denver North Carolina

Re: Get 6

Post by Rewiredllc » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:55 pm

CrashTestDummy wrote:IIRC the top of the blower housing and/or underside of the hood needed some trimming. Have you verified that fitment yet?

I saw people talking about that too... for whatever reason ours clears with no issues. We have nice aftermarket engine mounts from Australia, maybe thats the difference?
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC
Doyouevenracebro?... Racing

Iggy
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:09 am

Re: Get 6

Post by Iggy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:10 am

Rewired wrote:
CrashTestDummy wrote:IIRC the top of the blower housing and/or underside of the hood needed some trimming. Have you verified that fitment yet?

I saw people talking about that too... for whatever reason ours clears with no issues. We have nice aftermarket engine mounts from Australia, maybe thats the difference?
which would those be.

User avatar
Rewiredllc
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 pm
Location: Denver North Carolina

Re: Get 6

Post by Rewiredllc » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 am

Iggy wrote:
Rewired wrote:
CrashTestDummy wrote:IIRC the top of the blower housing and/or underside of the hood needed some trimming. Have you verified that fitment yet?

I saw people talking about that too... for whatever reason ours clears with no issues. We have nice aftermarket engine mounts from Australia, maybe thats the difference?
which would those be.
https://holdenpartsusa.com/products/tec ... -mount-set
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC
Doyouevenracebro?... Racing

Post Reply