Traction control button function

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
Capeasy

Re: Traction control button function

Post by Capeasy »

Well I went under the car and all connections are fine. So now I'm wondering if Theres a fuse that may be blown or possibly the button in the console has gone bad. But I also heard on other chevy forums I believe it was the Corvette forum that you can just remove the fuse and that disables the TC function. So If that's the case I shouldn't have traction control if my fuse was blown, but then again that's what they possibly do on corvettes which is probably a different animal. Lol
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

With all of that checked, I would still look at the programming.

That sounds like the likely culprit to me.

When I push and hold the performance mode button in my 13, it flashes performance mode first, then traction control/Stabilitrak off.the light stays illuminated on the dash and I can spin the rear right away.

It should do the same for you. And as mentioned prior, your torque tables will determine whether ABS/TC activates at what thresholds etc.

When you look at most vehicles tune file it will say first gear - max torque 58ftlb (example)

Second gear - max torque 84ft lb etc

All the way to sixth gear. What most people do is eliminate this by taking the absolute max torque (I believe ours is like 6042 ft lbs per the stock tune) of the vehicle and pasting it throughout all of the torque limited tables.

So essentially there's no limit on the torque and ABS/TC won't activate when you're over threshold.

When you push the button once, does it even go into performance mode? Because even the first stage of performance mode alters how the TC functions.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Great advise ! I just sent off a follow up message to Blackbear performance who did my remote tune and asked him if or how much he altered the torque tables on my tune and if another follow up tune would be necessary. And I'm happy to mention after troubleshooting some more today I found the t/c button had quit functioning at about the same time as the diff swap, it was just a coincidence that it all happened at the same time.
I dove the car a little bit today after replacing the switch and disengaged both the Traction and Stabilatrac as well. I went thru the gears hard and it seemed like both tires were spinning up thru about third gear but I did notice that either the new redline I had set at 6200 was killing the power or possibly the ABS was kicking in. I tried keeping an eye on the yellow traction symbol on the screen to see if it would start blinking upon the time the power was cut back so the tires would stop spinning in an effort to rule out the rev limiter or ABS function. I really need to check that again when the roads not wet to get a more accurate diagnosis. I just hope this traction control issue is resolved for good. LOL
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

All is well it was the switch on the console had gone south. At the same time we did the diff swap. the whole time kept blaming it on the gear ratio swap. I had purchased a new switch about a month ago after I cleaned up the console from all the spilled coffee or soda and the switches were a bit sticky. I had taken the console apart and cleaned all of them with alcohol and they worked up until we did the diff swap a couple weeks ago.
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Glad to hear it was something simple.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
13CapriceNC

Post by 13CapriceNC »

If you have HP tuners, this could be of interest to you. Change your brake torque limit to the max 6,042. Great for lighting up the tires, don't know how well it will help with donuts though.
Attachments
31371881121_95f3400c6e_c.jpg
31371881121_95f3400c6e_c.jpg (125.37 KiB) Viewed 4981 times