Paddle shifts for 2014+?

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
A613

Paddle shifts for 2014+?

Post by A613 »

Hello everyone,

I am planning to purchase a 2014+ Holden/chevrolet SS steering wheel with the flat bottom.

As many of you know the SS could come with the shift paddles from the factory, and my car shares the same exact interior. I was wondering if the shift paddles could easily be installed if I purchased the steering wheel that has the shift paddles.

As I read, some factories place the wires already even if the steering does not have a shift paddles. Does anyone know if the new 2014+ interior has the wires ready? Or I have to start from zero like the old interiors?

Thank you for reading and your time,
Abdullah
2014 Middle Eastern Caprice, 6.0L.
s/c'd cav

Re: Paddle shifts for 2014+?

Post by s/c'd cav »

someone in the facebook group is selling a wiring kit , goes from the plug at the steering column to the bcm , then the car has to be tuned to enable the paddle shift
A613

Post by A613 »

Awesome, could you share a link or contact info please?

Really appreciate it
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

White Knight

Post by White Knight »

Thanks s/c’d cav. Someone requested the information in another thread and I have kinda been waiting for someone to respond to get the information as well. I have tried to contact several people on the forum about the shift boxes that I have seen on here or on You tube without any luck. I recently have seen a video about the paddle shift without changing the steering wheel the the guy that posted it mentioned John (Faust or Foost) but he only mentioned his name once. I think this looks great and would be a much cleaner installation.
‘16 Heron White Chevy Caprice PPV w/6.0, former movie car, 2016-2019 Chevy Impala wheels.
A613

Post by A613 »

Thanks s/c’d ca.

I am going to change my steering wheel so I ordered the one with the shift paddles as they cost the same. The paddle kinda gives a good look to the wheel.

Lets hope someone finds a way to let us be able to use them!