Camaro SS IRS assembly

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
firepower

Camaro SS IRS assembly

Post by firepower »

I did the 3.45 rear diff swap. (Extremely satisfied) my issue is this: the seller did not want to separate the differential from the complete irs cradle when I bought it, so I am sitting on this hulk of a piece in my garage. Are there any parts worth swapping onto the Caprice or should I just try to sell it? It came with the 2 piece driveshaft, axles, abs sensors, hubs, rotors, struts/springs, and all related suspension bits. Thanks!
-Nate
2012 PPV 6.0.
Brembo f&r, stoptech slotted rotors/pads/fluid, goodridge ss lines, cai, 3.45 lsd, shorty headers, cat delete pipes, modified corsa 2.5" catback, tune, camaro ss wheels, nitto motivos, BMR rear sway bar, lots of dynamat, pioneer speakers, 1/le hood vent
kevink

Re: Camaro SS IRS assembly

Post by kevink »

firepower wrote:I did the 3.45 rear diff swap. (Extremely satisfied) my issue is this: the seller did not want to separate the differential from the complete irs cradle when I bought it, so I am sitting on this hulk of a piece in my garage. Are there any parts worth swapping onto the Caprice or should I just try to sell it? It came with the 2 piece driveshaft, axles, abs sensors, hubs, rotors, struts/springs, and all related suspension bits. Thanks!
I may be interested in the hubs if you decide to part it out. Please let me know!
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
firepower

Post by firepower »

Thanks for your interest. I'll let you know if I have interest in the other components.
-Nate
2012 PPV 6.0.
Brembo f&r, stoptech slotted rotors/pads/fluid, goodridge ss lines, cai, 3.45 lsd, shorty headers, cat delete pipes, modified corsa 2.5" catback, tune, camaro ss wheels, nitto motivos, BMR rear sway bar, lots of dynamat, pioneer speakers, 1/le hood vent
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

IIRC, the upper control arm is aluminum, isn't it? If so, I'd be taking some measurements to see if you can replace the steel upper in the Caprice. Also, IF it's the upgraded 1LE lower control arm, that's a nice upgrade, too. But you probably have all OEM parts.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
firepower

Post by firepower »

The uppers are steel and the lowers are standard SS pieces.
-Nate
2012 PPV 6.0.