Techna-Fit Braided Stainless brake hoses

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Techna-Fit Braided Stainless brake hoses

Post by smwalker »

Navy Lifer wrote:
Am I missing something in your question?
No that was it, Makes sense, I think I interpreted anytime you said cut the fitting to cutting the fitting out and in that process I assumed a slit on the bracket was impossible to avoid. So good to know, THanks. I will have to modify my own becase I won't grace you with my rusty devils on exchange!!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

no worries--they clean up fine with a visit to the blast cabinet!

Are your brackets actually rusty? Where did your car start out?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Navy Lifer wrote:no worries--they clean up fine with a visit to the blast cabinet!

Are your brackets actually rusty? Where did your car start out?
Miami then New Jersey, always close to salt water I guess. Got a white scaley corrosion all over the engine. Makes cleaning up parts very satisfying!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

and we all know the Pacific Ocean is less harsh than the Atlantic....but I also realize Azusa would be a desert were it not for water being shipped into SoCal!
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

smwalker wrote:
Navy Lifer wrote:
Am I missing something in your question?
No that was it, Makes sense, I think I interpreted anytime you said cut the fitting to cutting the fitting out and in that process I assumed a slit on the bracket was impossible to avoid. So good to know, THanks. I will have to modify my own becase I won't grace you with my rusty devils on exchange!!
Well, let me know if you change your mind and I'm able to help--no different than what you've done for others, including me. You never know if you might wish to have a pair of spare brackets anyway. There are at least a few SS owners out there who have installed G8 hoses and ought to be changing them out, but, with no leaks, they may not care.

One of the things I'm thinking about is that those who HAVE installed G8 hoses and end up taking them off will have a potential issue with damage to their flare fittings (hard line side)--more significant, anyone removing the G8 hoses won't likely find another buyer for them, and the front hose brackets from a G8 kit should work on a PPV or SS, so I'll be addressing that to at least one of the guys in the SS group I know, who lives in Covina, and has TWO SS's. It won't likely free up any brackets since anyone changing to the correct (inverted flare) hoses should be able to re-use the G8 brackets.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yes that will be a tough call for folks who have installed the incorrect fitting to take them off and potentially be looking at a damaged fitting that might leak even with the correct new hose used. Hopefully the flexible hose fitting deformed and not that hard line. But that's just wishful thinking.

Trying to get through my strut and lowering project now should be ready for the brakes in a few months, may get with you then. Firggin heat has got to let up for me to get anything done.. 108 degrees this week.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

smwalker wrote:108 degrees this week.
Like I said, if it wasn't for the imported H2O, that place would be a desert--you might as well be in Palm Springs. Santa Ana conditions, or something else???
20129C1

Post by 20129C1 »

Bill,

Reviving an old thread, also posted on the SS forum, but in case you see this one first...Is there a specific contact at Technafit? I sent an email several days ago and haven't heard back.
2007 Saudi/UAE Caprice
1993 Camaro B4C M6 Purple Pearl Metallic
1993 Camaro B4C A4 Medium Patriot Red
2013 Camaro SS M6 "Panther"
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

chris@techna-fit.com (I assume he's still there) - Tell him I sent you!

CHEV-4500 kit

You will need to specify color of outer sheathing you want - website: http://www.techna-fit.com/brakekits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally, I would just call--they're going to want to get a CC number anyway, and the kit isn't on their shopping cart system.

Hose sheath color in picture is Charcoal
Techna-Fit hose kit with PN.JPG
Techna-Fit hose kit with PN.JPG (43.02 KiB) Viewed 11765 times
20129C1

Post by 20129C1 »

Thanks Bill!
2007 Saudi/UAE Caprice
1993 Camaro B4C M6 Purple Pearl Metallic
1993 Camaro B4C A4 Medium Patriot Red
2013 Camaro SS M6 "Panther"