Brake upgrades

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Lemar83

Brake upgrades

Post by Lemar83 »

Hey guys,

I am wanting to put Camaro SS Brembo brakes on the front and rear of my PPV. I thought that I saw somewhere in this forum that someone had suggested it and listed the parts required to do so, but I can't find the topic. I have found the one about the CTS-V upgrade, but I wanted to compare the two swaps to see if there is anything to look out for. I have the calipers, rotors, and plan to purchase the SS flex hoses. Can someone help me out?!!

Thanks in advance.
Owner of Lemar Auto Designs
1986 Chevy Caprice (sedan)
1984 Chevy Caprice (coupe)
1996 Chevy Impala SS
1986 Monte Carlo SS
1984 Monte Carlo SS
s/c'd cav

Re: Brake upgrades

Post by s/c'd cav »

for the rear , you use the 15-17 ss sedan rotors

front are 5th gen camaro , 09 g8 gxp , 14-17 ss sedan rotors

i think other than the bolt size for the front calipers , some being 12mm and some 14mm , they are all the same

the rears you have to make sure of their side , i think v's mount on different and need to be flipped , and the 5th gen camaro are fine , along with the 15-17 ss sedan
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

for stainless hoses, do not use the Russell kit, wrong fitting spec

TechnaFit PN4500 is made to fit--brackets need to transfer from stock front hoses, with minor modification, or I can work with you on a bracket swap.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Is it not possible to reuse the PPV hoses? I didn't see that posed in earlier threads? Or reuse Camaro SS stock hoses in their place? I'm just trying to see how cheaply I can get away with doing this...
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

yes, stock hoses should work, but the OP specifically mentioned he wanted to use the stainless hoses, and it was an opportunity to provide some background on the subject
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Well, technically, the OP wrote ‘SS’ hoses, which in this acronym-overloaded world could mean ‘stainless’, OR ‘SS’, which would be an acronym for ‘Super Sport’, ‘Sad Sack’, ‘Super Soaker’, or any number of other list of words.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?