Brake Conversion

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Jifa1322

Brake Conversion

Post by Jifa1322 »

I have a 2011 PPV. So far, the 'top end' has been outfitted by Texas Speed to include throttle body, intake, heads, cam, headers and full exhaust system. Would like to improve stopping with Brembo calipers and rotors. I'm looking and will continue to search the site. While I'm looking, has anyone 'done' a like conversion...any thoughts/comments to offer? THANKS in advance for any assistance/suggestions you might have to offer...much appreciated.
CrashTestDummy

Re: Brake Conversion

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Search for 'CTS-V brake' on this forum, and you should find a wealth of information. While it's not the only way, it's a popular way, and gets you about as good as it gets.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
xcidmigs

Re: Brake Conversion

Post by xcidmigs »

http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are more threads than just that 1 but basically any GM RWD brembo setup will bolt onto our PPV but may need some different bolts depends on the initial application. They used 4 and 6 pot calipers for the fronts, 4 on rears. Rotors have to match also can't reuse any PPV stuff except the brake hoses and bolts. smaller ones will clear the stock wheels larger need 19" or bigger.