PPV tie rods, control arms, etc.

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
VintageIron41

PPV tie rods, control arms, etc.

Post by VintageIron41 »

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Senior here who has had several 90's Caprice 9C1's and Crown Vic's, now driving an 2012 Charger Police Pursuit. I tell you this because I am used to the old technology on front end steering and suspension, which while old technology seemed to last longer. My Charger, while a comfortable quick car, goes through tie rods, strut tensioners faster than any car I have ever owned. Does the Caprice PPV have a similar set up? If so, any solutions?

Thank you!
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: PPV tie rods, control arms, etc.

Post by Navy Lifer »

I think you may find that individual experience varies--my 2011 with 80K miles has all original parts, with exception of front sway bar end links. I did replace struts/shocks and the front upper mount/bearing assemblies, and used the SS springs in place of production PPV springs--something I would recommend to anyone owning one of these cars.

The end links were replaced since the struts were being replaced and the links would be disconnected--I had a slight rattle in the front, and much evidence/others experience pointed to the end links, so I changed them as a precaution.

Good luck with that Charger!