Front brake rotors feel warped

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Capeasy

Front brake rotors feel warped

Post by Capeasy »

Hey fellow PPV enthusiasts. I'm wanting to put some new pads and possibly rotors $$$ on the front. The cars got 100k on it and the brakes work fine except when they start getting warm, then I get the dreaded peddle pulsations. Based on past experience its usually hard spots or warped rotors, but if its not doing it cold I tend to rule out being warped and maybe leaning towards hard spots on the rotor surface ?? I haven't miked the rotors yet to see if there's more life left in them, but will buy new ones if need be.
I dont just wanna go to the local parts house and get what pads they have on the shelf but would prefer some advise from you guys (or gals) that have already experimented with what works best on these beasts. I need to get it ready for autocross in a couple months, so I have time to order from Pace or Rock Auto or Amazon if needed.
Thank you in advance.
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
Fudgehog

Re: Front brake rotors feel warped

Post by Fudgehog »

Check out

http://maxbrakes.com

Their packages are super reasonable and offer regular rotors to cross drilled and slotted, whatever you prefer at a great price point.

Their semi metallic pads are their upgrade from ceramic.

Long story short I've done probably 10 brake jobs with their products for the past 5 years and never had a complaint from anyone who I helped install, or myself.

In fact I'm using their front cross drilled and slotted rotors with my Brembo upgrade on my Caprice.

They're out of Canada and shipping is very fast. Quality is amazing for the price point.

Just my . 02
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Wow! I just looked them up and not sure if that's right $207 includes free shipping . Could that be true ? all 4 rotors and pads :o
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Oh yeah, that's their kind of price. They're good quality too.

I always get the black powder coated ones, but that's just me. I have their front and rear packages on my Silverado and Caprice, powder coated, cross drilled and slotted. No complaints here.

Just did a rear brake job on a 2004 Buick Century for a friend, rotors and pads from them was 65 bucks for whole rear.

I always call when I order, if the site says no inventory on slotted rotors they can make them its only like a day or two lead time.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

2016 C1