255's on stock wheels?

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
CrashTestDummy

Re: 255's on stock wheels?

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Got my crappy cell phone pics, but spent the day working on the race car and Dakota R/T. Hopefully I’ll have some posting time tomorrow. Funny, they actually look smaller than the GS-C’s we took off.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Crappy cell phone pics. You asked for 'em, here they are:

Front left:

Left Rear:

Left rear from the back of the car:

Front 3/4 view:

Rear view:

I'm surprised at how much smaller these tires seem. About 5mm difference, but I don't think I'll need to make any adjustments to the ride height. It also seems like the tires sit inboard a bit more, but that may just be an optical illusion because of the shorter tire. I've been around the block with these tires, that's about it. So far, so good. I think the high-flow cats free up a bit more exhaust sound, but, again, that's just based on a ride around the block.

I also double-checked the front struts to spindle connection. At the last autocross, it looked like the front left had slipped into positive camber, but upon review, I seen no evidence of movement around the securing bolts. I guess it was just how the car was sitting on the irregular surface of the parking lot. We'll probably run this car again, should we have any more bad weather anticipated on the day of an event, so hopefully we'll get a chance to see how these new tires bite.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Thanks for pics. Pics aren't crappy just dark.

Amazing that in 2017 a crappy cell phone pic blows away most non SLR digital cameras from 10 years ago :lol:

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I know. Weather was coming in, and I needed to get the car in the garage, and then start the next project (cover plants in prep for freezing weather, IIRC). So yeah, it was late in the day, and I was in a hurry.

The phone is an iPhone 5. I'm amazed at how much better the pictures are taken from my 2017 iPad Pro vs. this phone. The contrast is awesome, and color saturation great. I just didn't have it with me at the time.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?