Apex ET28 fitment question

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
VintageIron41

Apex ET28 fitment question

Post by VintageIron41 »

Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.
I'm looking for a set of wheels for my 2014 Caprice and came across a set of Apex ET28 18x8" wheels, my question is, while they have a 5x120mm pattern, would I have any issues with fitment? The Apex website mentions that grinding the front wheel hub on a 5th generation Camaro is necessary for the 18" wheel, as they are primarily for BMW's, I'd rather not do that, so, are these wheels plug and play for the WN series Caprice?

Thanks!
VintageIron41

Re: Apex ET28 fitment question

Post by VintageIron41 »

VintageIron41 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:37 am Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.
I'm looking for a set of wheels for my 2014 Caprice and came across a set of Apex ET28 18x8" wheels, my question is, while they have a 5x120mm pattern, would I have any issues with fitment? The Apex website mentions that grinding the front wheel hub on a 5th generation Camaro is necessary for the 18" wheel, as they are primarily for BMW's, I'd rather not do that, so, are these wheels plug and play for the WN series Caprice?

Thanks!
To anyone reading this, who didn't know what the ET translates to ( I did not ) this describes the wheel offset, the 18x8 stock wheels use as posted here in another thread a 46mm offset, which would be ET46.