Hubcentric Wheel Spacers

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
B4CU

Hubcentric Wheel Spacers

Post by B4CU »

Where is the best place to get thin hubcentric wheel spacers? I need something pretty thin like 1/4 inch max.
2013 White 9C1 Caprice
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Hubcentric Wheel Spacers

Post by Navy Lifer »

My recommendation: http://www.motorsport-tech.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been using this company for years, never a problem with anything they've created for me (and I've done some unconventional things with wheels).

Everything is custom, nothing off-the-shelf, so it does require a little more time - 100% made in the USA.

Probably not the cheapest, but in my book, the best.

Currently using 2.5mm hub-centric spacers (0.100") from Motorsport. Their website lists 3mm as the thinnest they will typically produce--about 1/8" thick, so a 1/4" spacer will be completely doable. At 1/4", you may want to think about longer studs or ET (extended-thread) lug nuts.
ET Lug Vs 8mm Spacer.jpg
ET Lug Vs 8mm Spacer.jpg (92.06 KiB) Viewed 14133 times
ET Lug Nut in 8mm Spacer.jpg1.jpg
ET Lug Nut in 8mm Spacer.jpg1.jpg (42.39 KiB) Viewed 14133 times
B4CU

Post by B4CU »

Great info. Definitely will check this out.
2013 White 9C1 Caprice
3rd Coast BTH

Post by 3rd Coast BTH »

I used Monterey racing. They made me a custom set of 4 for $14.99

Email: Kenny@Montereyracing.biz
kevink

Post by kevink »

If needed, I would go with longer studs instead of ET lug nuts. The threaded extended portion of ET lugs have virtually no strength because the wall is paper thin. ARP makes extended studs for the 5th Gen Camaro which fit our cars. I got the 1/2" extended studs and cut off the non-threaded tip. This results in a stud that is the same overall length as the factory stud but is threaded to the end. They also make 1" longer versions. There are also longer factory studs that work if you don't want the expense or need the strength of ARPs.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.