Newbie from New Orleans!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Cajun G8

Newbie from New Orleans!

Post by Cajun G8 »

Hi, everyone! I'm a former Pontiac G8 owner and huge Holden enthusiast! Went to Australia twice last year and saw tons of Holdens everywhere.

The company I work for is Australian-owned and we specialize in HSV and Holden replica wheels. As you all know, the Caprice is just begging for new wheels! Since our wheels fit the G8, they of course fit the PPV no problem.

I want to be careful not to break any forum rules so I will withhold mentioning the company name. I'm happy to be a member here and learn more about the Caprice. Who knows, maybe we'll get one instead of another G8! ;)
Tom Slick

Re: Newbie from New Orleans!

Post by Tom Slick »

Welcome to the group!

On my way back from picking up my Caprice, I had stopped off for gas in Louisiana and a guy drove up and asked me about my car... His wife had a G8, and he just wanted to check it out!

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
storm9c1

Post by storm9c1 »

Welcome!
Tom (AKA: Storm)
2011 Caprice 9C3: L77, 8K miles, first-owner, purchased July 2011.
1995 Caprice 9C1: LT1, 178K miles, summer car.
1995 Impala SS: LT1, 21K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 62K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 128K miles. Rust In Pieces
1994 Caprice 9C1: LT1, beater winter car.
1969 Chevy C30: 383ci stroker, 4L80E, rollback car hauler.
1972 Chrysler Newport: 400ci big block, survivor 27K miles, 2-door hardtop.
1969 Dodge Charger: 383ci big block.
Cajun G8

Post by Cajun G8 »

Tom Slick wrote:Welcome to the group!

On my way back from picking up my Caprice, I had stopped off for gas in Louisiana and a guy drove up and asked me about my car... His wife had a G8, and he just wanted to check it out!

Later,
Tom Slick
Thanks, guys! I used to get stopped all the time when I had my G8 from people wanting to know what it was, how I liked it, etc. so I know the feeling! I am wondering how many PPV owners were also G8 owners and what your comparison notes are. I like the PPV for being unique, but I'm a little hesitant about getting a car with "poverty pack" when the G8 was so well equipped. On the other hand, it would be fun to do the Holden conversion and then you'd really have something unique!
storm9c1

Post by storm9c1 »

Seems like either G8 owners or B-Body owners. I'm the latter. I personally never liked the G8. Or the GTO. Not a Pontiac fan, especially the stupid front-end design in later years that GM felt compelled to put on all of the Pontiac cars. It all reminded me of Grand-Ams of the 80's and 90's. Didn't like interiors much either. Now if the G8 looked exactly like a Holden, or the GTO had some sort of retro styling, or if they started selling Holdens here directly, it would have been a different story. The Caprice PPV (esp. the 9C3) is as close to a Holden as you can get here, IMHO. That and my B-Bodies were aging way too rapidly by 2011. Even then, I wasn't sure I would want a PPV... until the Criswell opportunity came along. That kinda influenced my decision a little bit. ;)
Tom (AKA: Storm)
2011 Caprice 9C3: L77, 8K miles, first-owner, purchased July 2011.
1995 Caprice 9C1: LT1, 178K miles, summer car.
1995 Impala SS: LT1, 21K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 62K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 128K miles. Rust In Pieces
1994 Caprice 9C1: LT1, beater winter car.
1969 Chevy C30: 383ci stroker, 4L80E, rollback car hauler.
1972 Chrysler Newport: 400ci big block, survivor 27K miles, 2-door hardtop.
1969 Dodge Charger: 383ci big block.
gregc

Post by gregc »

I'm a B-body owner. I've owned a 77 Caprice Classic and a 75 Delta 88 Convertible. I currently own a 75 Caprice Convertible and a 96 Impala SS. Last year right before deployment, I saw a PPV on ebay. I couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't think I'd be able to get one until they were high mileage and came off service. When I returned from deployment, I checked Autotrader and was surprised there were low mileage PPVs. I ended up with a 9C1 because the dealer misrepresented the car. I was lead to believe it was a 9C3 based on the description. But when the car came in on the truck, it was a 9C1. If I get a chance to get another PPV, I'll make sure I'll it's a 9C3 and I'll clone a Buick Park Avenue. The hard part will be getting the grill and Buick airbag.
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Welcome to the group. Since your company makes wheels that we will want I hope you get to give us more information!
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
Cajun G8

Post by Cajun G8 »

The Tech wrote:Welcome to the group. Since your company makes wheels that we will want I hope you get to give us more information!
Thanks, The Tech! For more info on our HSV replica wheels, see this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=110

You know, I was actually in Mooresville, NC about a month ago! We also distribute an Australian brand called Versus Luxury Wheels, though we don't sell that brand online. It is only sold to retail wheel shops. We went to RimZone to discuss that and some other brands we sell. Here's the 2 styles we offer in that line designed for Commodore/Caprice:

Affliction (also available in Titanium and colored clear coats):

Vendetta (also available in black and chrome):

For more pictures of the different finishes, please visit http://www.versuswheels.com.au. There are other models on that site, but we only import the above models for Caprice. If you're interested in Versus Wheels, have your local retailer contact us at 877-360-8226.