Paul Blart here! Lol

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Rewiredllc

Paul Blart here! Lol

Post by Rewiredllc »

Hey fellas!

Jim here in Denver NC (Denver or the east). Just picked up a 2011 9C1. Got it from the local hospital, it was the security car lol Paul Blart. Car has issues. Looks like kids were throwing rocks at it to torment the security guard. DOD is missfireing, rear has a healthy clunk on power but for what I paid I'm good. I am looking into dod kits now and most definitely will be doing a manual conversion. I've been driving a 2004 crown Vic p71 that I swapped to manual and love the ex-cop units. This thing was gross I gave it a healthy doushing a nice pressure washing and good to go!

Anyway.... I'm happy to be here. I love the car already and have barely even driven it.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 15088 times
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC
Doyouevenracebro?... Racing
Rewiredllc

Re: Paul Blart here! Lol

Post by Rewiredllc »

Wow! Huge photo batman! I'll resize moving forward lol
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC
onthegasinsc

Post by onthegasinsc »

Love it man, nice find. I'm looking for one myself, you'll have to let me know how the tranny swap goes.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Wow, the Nurse Rached special! Welcome! And.... supersize is not necessarily better as you already noticed. Please look at our pic posting guidelines for the max recommended sizes.

As long as the body isn't dinged up too bad it should clean up. And... sounds like you got a very good deal on the car so that's also sweet!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Welcome! What's that white car parked next to your 9C1?? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Are you sure the clunk is from the diff?? Motor mounts are a common problem with these cars.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Rewiredllc

Post by Rewiredllc »

The white car is 1955 Chevy 210. Motor mounts you say? Huh I'll check that out. That would be cool... Easy fix. I got a Camaro diff a few days ago. 3.45 here we go! I'll get some better pics of my caprice and some of the other gems floating around my shop and share with everyone. (Not super mega sized)!

:D
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Nice, a 55! And is that a Fox body hatchback under the cover? Kinda looks that way. Too short for a 3rd Gen F body.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Rewiredllc

Post by Rewiredllc »

CrashTestDummy wrote:Nice, a 55! And is that a Fox body hatchback under the cover? Kinda looks that way. Too short for a 3rd Gen F body.

Good eye!

Yup it's a 1991 fox coupe. In for coyote swap and 2003 IRS make over.

If you look real close in the far back corner behind the fox almost forgotten about under the grey cover is a third gen. My baby. 1991 Z28 conevrtible 5speed 305tpi. White with black top and interior. It's in great shape still. Not many owners to Joe dirt it out lol. It's patiently waiting for its turn in the LSX game. Many people hate the 3rd gens (for obvious reasons) but I've had many of them dating back to teenage years so whatever I love them and always will.
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Nice. One of my favs in our collection is our 92 Camaro RS B4C 1LE ex-Tx DPS car. Not many options, which make it a real fun drive. The 5 spd shifts like a hot knife cutting butter!

:mrgreen:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Rewiredllc

Post by Rewiredllc »

Just an update....

The 2011 turned out to be a nice car. The on power clunk was engine mount. The misfire I was experiencing was just a loose plug wire. It seems that the DOD had already been deleted or at least turned off as it always stays in 8 cylinder mode.

I came across a very nice 2012 and sold the 2011.

I'm about to start a manual swap on the 2012. I started a build thread in the drivetrain section "get 6" for anyone that wants to check it out.
Jim
7045302910 call/text/pm
@ncrewired
rewiredLLC