Hello from Millington Tennessee

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
M22muncie

Re: Hello from Millington Tennessee

Post by M22muncie »

I like it the way it came.
twofi5e

Post by twofi5e »

M22muncie wrote:I like it the way it came.
As you should! The car looks really good in silver. There will always be people telling you what to do with your car. Kind of wish I could have found one in silver, it would have been my first choice but black was a really close second and I'm happy with it. Nice pick up!
-Kase
Maryland
kevink

Post by kevink »

Yep, the silver ones are bad ass, especially with the black steel wheels and a ride height adjustment! I actually like all of the colors but one. I vote against painting the front fender vents. It makes it look like the painter forgot to mask off the vents when repainting the car and sprayed right over everything. Where is the puking emoticon when you need it? No offense to anyone who has painted their fender vents. It's just not for me. This car is so rare that I'm sure I'll be sorry if I did things to it that I can't easily reverse.

2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Nice stance. How'd you do it? And I'm digging my painted fender vents, but our car is black, so they looked kind of unfinished to me. Still, completely reversible, since they are stupid-cheap. I picked up a new pair and had them painted.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
twofi5e

Post by twofi5e »

kevink wrote:Yep, the silver ones are bad ass, especially with the black steel wheels and a ride height adjustment! I actually like all of the colors but one. I vote against painting the front fender vents. It makes it look like the painter forgot to mask off the vents when repainting the car and sprayed right over everything. Where is the puking emoticon when you need it? No offense to anyone who has painted their fender vents. It's just not for me. This car is so rare that I'm sure I'll be sorry if I did things to it that I can't easily reverse.

What kind of suspension do you have?
-Kase
Maryland
kevink

Post by kevink »

It's stock 2011 suspension with G8 H&R springs. They lowered it 2" in the rear and 1 7/8" in the front.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Old-style 9C1 center caps... plasti-dip 'em all black..... yeah!
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

kevink wrote:It's stock 2011 suspension with G8 H&R springs. They lowered it 2" in the rear and 1 7/8" in the front.
Nice! How is the ride? I have the BC coil-overs, yet to be installed, but want to know my options in case the ride is too soft. I do have to replace at least one rear factory strut, as it is leaking, but plan to do that when I pull the struts off, keeping them safe for later, just in case.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
kevink

Post by kevink »

CrashTestDummy wrote:
kevink wrote:It's stock 2011 suspension with G8 H&R springs. They lowered it 2" in the rear and 1 7/8" in the front.
Nice! How is the ride? I have the BC coil-overs, yet to be installed, but want to know my options in case the ride is too soft. I do have to replace at least one rear factory strut, as it is leaking, but plan to do that when I pull the struts off, keeping them safe for later, just in case.
It was very harsh at first, but I have slowly been lowering tire pressure which helps a lot. I just lowered the pressure another pound to 32 but have not driven the car yet.

Does BC offer different rate springs?
kevink

Post by kevink »

elc32955 wrote:Old-style 9C1 center caps... plasti-dip 'em all black..... yeah!
Nah, they look too much like truck center caps.