Hello from Millington Tennessee

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
CrashTestDummy

Re: Hello from Millington Tennessee

Post by CrashTestDummy »

kevink wrote:
CrashTestDummy wrote:
kevink wrote:It's stock 2011 suspension with G8 H&R springs. They lowered it 2" in the rear and 1 7/8" in the front.
Nice! How is the ride? I have the BC coil-overs, yet to be installed, but want to know my options in case the ride is too soft. I do have to replace at least one rear factory strut, as it is leaking, but plan to do that when I pull the struts off, keeping them safe for later, just in case.
It was very harsh at first, but I have slowly been lowering tire pressure which helps a lot. I just lowered the pressure another pound to 32 but have not driven the car yet.

Does BC offer different rate springs?
I think they offer three different sets of coil-overs/struts that come with different-rate springs. But I don't know the rate of each. While I can't get the rate of the coil-over springs, I'll measure them, so I can buy different pairs if it's necessary. We'll see.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?